Lt. Commander
It's the little things that I am starting to like, if you are smart you know what I am talking about. Sure the game needs alot of work, but the foundation seems to be pretty solid IMO.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:26 AM
I agree. It's a very good starting point. Much better than I expected.

But... the way Cryptic is handling CO makes me nervous.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:34 AM
I really shouldn't say this on a cryptic moderated forum but I will. I am like 95% sure they made the decision months ago to let CO wither and die on the vine in favor of STO.

Just the facts:
STO has a bigger built in player base than CO

STO has less direct competition (eve and sto are not even on the same level so I don't consider them competing, for the most part) People who enjoy eve wont enjoy STO and for the most part vice versa.

STO has a higher profit potential due to using the cryptic engine and therefore being able to get away with a shortened development cycle before initial launch.

Those in addition to a couple of other things (Viboria bay feels like a last minute cash grab before the axe comes down, Lemuria being borked for weeks then the fix patch goes in, fixes lemuria but borks everything else) seem to demonstrate that CO is no longer a priority for Cryptic.

Hey, not a bad thing for me, I only play STO :p

edit: spelling, god I need to go to bed that was atrocious.
For those of you saying that history might repeat itself, they'd have to get a license that had a bigger built in audience and a higher profit potential than Star Trek for that to happen...and lets face it, thats already being developed by EA/Bioware