Lt. Commander
# 1 Nooblet questions
02-07-2010, 05:30 AM
This game is cool but confusing, i have several questions i would like answered.
1. how much do these cryptic points cost? i didnt pre-order so i have none atm.
2. how do you assign things to the hotkey you want? i click equip and it goes to the bar but ive no control over which spot they end up in.
3.Is there a way to find a certain NPC if you have no idea where they might be? like a /whereis NPC
4. Where would you sell your extra items that you no longer need but they arent good enough for the auction house thing?
5.how do you get a better ship? i heard in chat at Lt.5 you are supposed to get a upgrade but no idea where/how
6. how do you get the exploring points? i have been to quite a few spots but never gotten any.
7.is there a place where you can buy upgrades with the money you get from selling stuff?
8. is there any form of tradeskills? if so where do you learn them?
i know this is alot but if you could answer any of these questions it will help. thanks in advance
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 05:34 AM
2. You can hold the right mouse button over an ability and drag to a new square.

4. You could use your replicator that is located at the bottom of your inventory when on your spaceship.

5. You will be contacted when a new rank is available for you, at level 11, 21, 31 and 41. The ship will be free, please be sure to read through so you don't miss a step and wonder how to get your ship.

6. Lieutenant Grall offers missions that rewards you badges of exploration. Those do not display in your inventory, but actually displays in your character screen under Progress.

8. No tradeskill at this time, good chance in a near future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 05:35 AM
1. Go into "My Account" on the website, click on "Buy More" for Cryptic points and it'll tell you how much they cost.
2. Click and hold your right mouse button on the icon to move and drag it around the hotbars.
3. Not that I know of, try a wiki like the one in my signature.
4. Any vendor I guess, pick them carefully as some give you different values for what you are selling
5. Visit the shipyard at the Earth Spacedock, you can only acquire new ships when hitting new ranks (Lt. Commander, Commander, Captain etc)
6. By completing Exploration missions, see the wiki in my signature for a list
7. Primarily the Exchange (auction house) but you can buy some basic common (white colour) items from the shipyards at the Earth Spacedock, Starbase 39 and Deep Space 9
8. There are none, the only form of crafting is gather anomalies and taking them to Memory Alpha to have things made
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick123
This game is cool but confusing, i have several questions i would like answered.
1. how much do these cryptic points cost? i didnt pre-order so i have none atm.
2. how do you assign things to the hotkey you want? i click equip and it goes to the bar but ive no control over which spot they end up in.
3.Is there a way to find a certain NPC if you have no idea where they might be? like a /whereis NPC
4. Where would you sell your extra items that you no longer need but they arent good enough for the auction house thing?
5.how do you get a better ship? i heard in chat at Lt.5 you are supposed to get a upgrade but no idea where/how
6. how do you get the exploring points? i have been to quite a few spots but never gotten any.
7.is there a place where you can buy upgrades with the money you get from selling stuff?
8. is there any form of tradeskills? if so where do you learn them?
i know this is alot but if you could answer any of these questions it will help. thanks in advance
1) Pass

2) Press esc, options, hot keys - you do it there.

3) If its on the map you are on - click on the map icon top right and a little i will appear - scroll over the i and it will tell you the name of the person. If they arent on the same map - go to your missions window and it will tell you which system they are in. If its mirial paris you are looking for on that mission - I suggest dying - its the fastest way to find her.

4) Open your inventory - sell to the replicator. But any passing trade ship or starbase trader will also take them.

5) you get a mission when you become ltcommander - thats when you get it.

6) Do exploration missions for lieutenant grail

7) Starbase traders

8) no