Lt. Commander
# 1 To devs : PvP waiting rooms
02-07-2010, 05:36 AM
We definitely need waiting rooms to be able to counter balance the PvP matches. Rooms that would be at the player's disposal, so they would wait until a balance is reached between the two factions and before they can take part in the action.

It's on you to find the appropriate procedure : Shuttles or teleporation devices ...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 05:50 AM
I think pirate ships, or perhaps submarines with large viewing portals so we can see all the fish and coral reefs. then when it starts we get transported into the future.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 06:32 AM
I agree.

I usually get in pvp while the batlle has already started at 5 vs 1. There should be a system mechanic that allows a battle start when the team are full or balanced. It shouldn't be difficult, as the required number of players isnt really high.

Beside, i dont really know how works the pvp queue actually, but allowing the players to accept or not the battle looks like a problem, penalizing players who choose to get in and find themselves alone while the others decided to skip.

dedicating a waiting room, or even do not allow the players to refuse to get in PvP if they join a queue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 06:38 AM
Lobbies before a match is a necessity for PvP only games.

For a MMO with PvE...I guess people would not like to waste time, waiting up to 20 minutes doing nothing.
But waiting so much, people are doing mission meanwhile and, when asked to join the PvP session, they refuse to finish their mission.
And it is not smart to tell players who have accepted to join the pvp game that they will be reverted back to PvE cos' a couple of players refused to join them.

What solutions do we have then ?
- Waiting lobbies as sugested Rastlaff,
- NPC or NPS (ships) to fill up the team with lacking players
- Force a player to be part of the pvp he/she subscribed to at the end of countdown

Any other reasonable ideas ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:20 AM
I thought the game was a PVP waiting room.

Oh- you mean a window that lets us see how the game is balancing out, and how other matches compare... wait..
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:28 AM
The biggest surprise for me upon launch is that we even wait at all. Boy, if beta was a case of aberration, that sure was. Waits for PvP in beta (closed or open) as Klingon was measured in seconds not minutes. Where'd all the PvP Feds go?

I'm finding I do a lot more of the PvE stuff by necessity now, since PvP takes so long. Granted, the ground fleet action at Tevoka is a lot of fun, but kahless expanse appears to draw more xp in the same amount of time. Which is unfortunate since it's such a grind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
kicking

A waiting room where a group can form up, planning can be done and the match starts with everyone together. All needed.