Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander

During both closed and open beta, PvP was a very short wait for Klingons, usually no more than 30 seconds at most. Since launch this has increased to 5 minutes or more. Why this has changed so much could be due to a number of factors. For one, it may be that the greater majority of new Fed players have no interest in PvP. Whatever the case, the post launch evidence appears to be pointing toward a rather lengthy PvP queue for Klingon players. Since the faction was designed to level on PvP, the present predicament will likely be a frustrating one for many Klingon players--especially should the waits get any longer.

There is good reason to expect PvP queues to do exactly that too. When the Romulan faction arrives, the Fed player base will likely split up as they have double the choice in who to fight in PvP. And, the new Romulan players will have to come from somewhere, and many of them will very likely be from the Fed and Klingon factions.

Instanced PvP should really be a sideshow, not the main attraction. We have a faction that must rely on PvP to level with any sort of timeliness, yet we are limited to waiting in queues to do it now. This is, quite frankly, flawed design. I've discussed this before, no doubt, so I'll not go into it again. But, the arguments for implementing more permanent, persistent PvP is mounting. Either a PotBS model, which is quite compatible with the Cryptic engine, or something along the lines of assigning open PvP to a number of adjacent sectors. Something more substantial needs to be done than what we have at present.

If you're already on this, Cryptic, more power to ya. But, if not, you really need to just bite the bullet and say, "Yeah, we're done dancin'. Let's just do it." Times a wastin'.

Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 08:41 AM
They also need to fix the queue problem. Loading into an empty PvP map or one that's 5v2 is probably turning a lot of people off of PvP.

I don't understand why the implementation of PvP in this game is so much worse than Champions and even CoV. Did they hand the design of this game over to the intern or what?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 01:50 PM
The Klingons need some sort of unique touch to them. The Feds are PvE so they have all that the Klingons are PvP but get the same PvP the Feds get. The Klingons should at the very least get some form of PvP that rewards them in a way that it cant for Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 01:56 PM
I support open pvp.