Lt. Commander
As the subject states... for multiple nights in a row now I've come home from work, did a quick check of the STO forum here to see what I missed during the day, then logged on to this game for hours on end (which I enjoy immensely) until the server is taken down for maintenance. Presumebly this should be the point in time I call it a day and get to sleep, though the fact is I'm still so hyped up about how great this is that I will inevitably always find myself running straight back to the STO forums for more. if I'm not playing, I'm reading and discussing the game. Since buying the game I've had such positive experiences with the gameplay, the community, and I honestly get excited considering the prospect of all the new content and features that can be added to what is already the most enjoyable game I've played in quite some time. One of the best perks of this game for me personally is having the newfound ability to refer to myself as a "former" WoWer... because I've truthfully wished for a long time now that something else would come along (ANYTHING else) that could draw and hold my interest, and now that it has, I find myself using descriptions such as "refreshing, original, and engrossing." Nothing I say really seems to truly encompass my feelings on the subject, sufficed to say that in STO Cryptic has done for me personally what no other developer in recent years has been able to do - completely renewed my passion as a gamer. Thanks for taking the time to read my 'rant' (whomever you are), and I hope many others are also enjoying the game!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:49 AM
PARAGRAPHS please
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:49 AM
Yes this game is gonna be big IMO... however I understand your deal getting excited to play and BAM server Maintenance or updates.. But like all good MMO's this will happen until later in the development of the game
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilentis
As the subject states... for multiple nights in a row now I've come home from work, did a quick check of the STO forum here to see what I missed during the day, then logged on to this game for hours on end (which I enjoy immensely) until the server is taken down for maintenance. Presumebly this should be the point in time I call it a day and get to sleep, though the fact is I'm still so hyped up about how great this is that I will inevitably always find myself running straight back to the STO forums for more. if I'm not playing, I'm reading and discussing the game. Since buying the game I've had such positive experiences with the gameplay, the community, and I honestly get excited considering the prospect of all the new content and features that can be added to what is already the most enjoyable game I've played in quite some time. One of the best perks of this game for me personally is having the newfound ability to refer to myself as a "former" WoWer... because I've truthfully wished for a long time now that something else would come along (ANYTHING else) that could draw and hold my interest, and now that it has, I find myself using descriptions such as "refreshing, original, and engrossing." Nothing I say really seems to truly encompass my feelings on the subject, sufficed to say that in STO Cryptic has done for me personally what no other developer in recent years has been able to do - completely renewed my passion as a gamer. Thanks for taking the time to read my 'rant' (whomever you are), and I hope many others are also enjoying the game!
you're not my clone, are you, execpt for that WoW thing? i've done the same thing
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 04:51 AM
Don't get me wrong, because unlike a lot of posters I realize the importance of the current daily maintenance. I in fact play for quite a few hours a day before downtime. I'm just being greedy lol.