Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Lt. Commander
Cryptic,

It eventually comes for us all; the day we walk away from a cherished game in search for new adventures and differing gameplay.

That days hasn't come for me, but with all the changes recently being sited for Season 9 ... frankly it's had me thinking whether my days of STO are nearing a conclusion.

Then it got me thinking, I have a considerable amount of dilithium (ore and refined) that would simply go to waste if I was to walk away. I started thinking about my fleet, Task Force Spectre and the good times I've had with them. The achievements the fleet has reached and the efforts of so many fleet members to continually lift us to knew SB offering heights.

Why can't I leave my dilithium to my Fleet? Again, I'm not leaving anytime soon and "No, you cant have my stuff?."

But why not a Fleet Trust mechanic where in addition to Energy Credits, and fleet bank, members can deposit dilithium (ore and refined)? I would expect some limitations such as 1- No one, including Fleet Admiral could withdrawal dilithium (to line their pockets) but that deposited dilithium could only be used for Fleet projects (a major hurdle for some fleets), 2- No ability for fleets to use deposited dilithium in Dilithium Exchange (no messing with the Zen market). 3- any dilithium ore deposited would be limited to 8K refinement limit or some similar daily amount.

In summary, if I found myself leaving Star Trek Online at some future point, I'd like to be able to consider leaving my Fleet a dilithium parting gift to recognize all the good times and benefits I'd shared in.

What's the harm in that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-09-2014, 02:49 PM
another doom tired and its not like your dill is going anywhere if you take a break. oh no there buffing old eq giving a ground dyson style space event and another rep grind but also adjusting rep powers not to become op omg doooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Career Officer
# 3
04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gogereaver View Post
another doom tired and its not like your dill is going anywhere if you take a break. oh no there buffing old eq giving a ground dyson style space event and another rep grind but also adjusting rep powers not to become op omg doooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I'm sure all of that made much more sense when you were typing it.

Punctuation is your friend. As is understanding why creating strawman arguments doesn't enhance your credibility.

As for the OP, why not?

Lets people take a break and still feel like they're contributing to their fleet.
Captain
# 4
04-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Why not just log in to Gateway (while its here) and donate it from there?

Means, YOU! wont have to log in to main game more than once a week if! your a sub and your dil wont go to waste :-)
. . . . . . . . Insert witty content. . . . . .
Republic Veteran
# 5
04-09-2014, 03:16 PM
You could have just typed your idea, which is kinda good, but then you messed it up with that sob story.

Captain
# 6
04-09-2014, 03:22 PM
The idea in itself is good.

However, in my eyes, there are better ideas out there that deserve to be pushed forward in the development queue.

But then, putting Dilithium in a bank would allow us to also put dilithium in an account bank slot, instead of using that ZEN converter method.

/notsureifsigned
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Captain
# 7
04-09-2014, 03:29 PM
You realize that even if a dev agreed with your idea and started the implementation process right away it would take at least till next year for it to go live. The chances are higher that we get a new fleet holding in season 9. If so you will have plenty of opportunities to get rid of your dilithium. The other possibility is to just leave your dilithium where it is and come back to the game eventually. It will still be there waiting for you
Commander
# 8
04-09-2014, 04:46 PM
OP, if it makes you feel better, I am in the same boat. A lot of people are. For me, Season 9 has killed my love of the game with it's terrible design and focus. It has become clear that the devs have stopped thinking about what they are designing, and they have contracted, what I call "George Lucas syndrome" where they have become obsessed with "polishing" and "perfecting" things that were never flawed in the first place. They don't like the way ESD looks? Let's revamp it. The reputation system is working as it was intended to, but now we changed our minds? Revamp it! Pointless changes, wasted time, nothing new and exciting. Season 9 is not progress, and that is what you are seeing and feeling.

We didn't even get good revamps. I would have loved to see a Borg revamp. I wanna see a Borg that is tough, scary, and intimidating, WITHOUT using invisible one shots. There are some many ideas they could take from the TV shows...but they didn't. I would have loved to see an AI revamp which made the AI smarter and more diverse with its tactics.

STO needs another "Legacy of Romulus" BADLY. The only thing that will bring me back is another micro faction, like the Cardassians or something like that.

The only reason I still log in is to make sure my fleet has projects queued up. Beyond that, I am moving onto retirement with this game.

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
T'was just sharing an idea and the thought process that led me too it. To one poster, it wasn't intended as a "sob story." To another, this wasn't a "doom" tread either.

Just an idea I decided might be worth sharing.

I'm still playin' and I'm looking forward to S9, however it turns out. Whether I end up liking all the changes remains to be seen and isn't anybody's concern but mine really.

Looking back I've left substantial hordes of bankables behind in every MMO I've played. Just to name a few, EQ, I had so much currency saved I was able to sell the account for real cash (several $100s). WoW, I think I walked away from 33 million gold (I was addicted to the AH); never went back to it. CoH, Rift, etc ... all solid capital holdings abandoned.

Maybe STO will be different.
Captain
# 10
04-09-2014, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
OP, if it makes you feel better, I am in the same boat. A lot of people are. For me, Season 9 has killed my love of the game with it's terrible design and focus. It has become clear that the devs have stopped thinking about what they are designing, and they have contracted, what I call "George Lucas syndrome" where they have become obsessed with "polishing" and "perfecting" things that were never flawed in the first place. They don't like the way ESD looks? Let's revamp it. The reputation system is working as it was intended to, but now we changed our minds? Revamp it! Pointless changes, wasted time, nothing new and exciting. Season 9 is not progress, and that is what you are seeing and feeling.

We didn't even get good revamps. I would have loved to see a Borg revamp. I wanna see a Borg that is tough, scary, and intimidating, WITHOUT using invisible one shots. There are some many ideas they could take from the TV shows...but they didn't. I would have loved to see an AI revamp which made the AI smarter and more diverse with its tactics.

STO needs another "Legacy of Romulus" BADLY. The only thing that will bring me back is another micro faction, like the Cardassians or something like that.

The only reason I still log in is to make sure my fleet has projects queued up. Beyond that, I am moving onto retirement with this game.
First of all, if you spend any real time on ESD with the chat window open you would be amazed at how many people get lost in something that is essentially a circle. I know it seems impossible, but it is true.

Second of all, the Rep System isn't working as intended when they have 2 entirely different types of Rep System in the game. Which ones were working perfectly? Omega or Dyson?

And what is wrong with Undine revamp rather then the Borg? Anyone remember when the game first started and there was a novel called The Needs of the Many? Remember what that novel was about? Jake Sisko writing in 2423 about "the Undine War." Is it not about time the Undine War seemed important?

And finally, you do know there is a new Expansion Pack coming out at the end of the year, right?
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.