Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Commander
# 21
04-09-2014, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Which does not change the fact that it would still be incredibly boring to need 40+ players to defeat a single cube. While it might be correct to canon, from a game standpoint it would be horrendous.
I am not saying we should have 40 ships. 5 should be fine, assuming these are special tactics ships (Omega and whatnot)

I am saying the Borg should have a bigger bag of tricks when it comes to their combat capabilities, and they should be able to adapt to our tactics. They should adapt to energy weapons, to the point of becoming immune and forcing a remodulation on ships weapons. They should be able to scan our shield frequency, and fire right through shields, forcing us to remodulate. They should be able to target more than one ship at a time. They should be able to hold 2 or 3 ships in a tractor beam at a time. This is how the Borg fights, and STO should reflect this, above all else.

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
Career Officer
# 22
04-09-2014, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Which does not change the fact that it would still be incredibly boring to need 40+ players to defeat a single cube. While it might be correct to canon, from a game standpoint it would be horrendous.
Ten ships though, that ought to be doable.

Make it like the CE mission, pay out enough to make it an efficient use of our time.

Perhaps take a standard STF reward and add in a small bonus of fleet marks.

Use a similar mechanic to scoring as the CE, such that healers have a shot at the good loot at the end.

Add in some accolades for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Essentially swap out the crystal entity for a new super cube that spits out spheres in three waves.

Ten person teams, I'd play it.
Commander
# 23
04-09-2014, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkster View Post
Ten ships though, that ought to be doable.

Make it like the CE mission, pay out enough to make it an efficient use of our time.

Perhaps take a standard STF reward and add in a small bonus of fleet marks.

Use a similar mechanic to scoring as the CE, such that healers have a shot at the good loot at the end.

Add in some accolades for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Essentially swap out the crystal entity for a new super cube that spits out spheres in three waves.

Ten person teams, I'd play it.
Borg Fusion Cube...GO

Give it the MVAM mechanic, and you are set.

If you oppose the Reputation nerf, feel free to use my signature
Career Officer
# 24
04-09-2014, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakedcrook View Post
Borg Fusion Cube...GO

Give it the MVAM mechanic, and you are set.
I thought about that but, sadly, I think it runs into rights issues.
Career Officer
# 25
04-09-2014, 06:26 PM
Quote:
At least it has voice acting...that doesn't sound like someone had to be "forcefully convinced" to read the lines for.

SWTOR has bad voice acting. The vocal dialogue doesn't match up with the written dialogue that gets offered as the characters responses.

How flippin hard is it to have the actor read the scripted lines given as character responses.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 26
04-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malnificent View Post
In summary, if I found myself leaving Star Trek Online at some future point, I'd like to be able to consider leaving my Fleet a dilithium parting gift to recognize all the good times and benefits I'd shared in.

What's the harm in that?
Easy solutions...
1.) Sell your Dil for super cheap on the Dil Exchange and have a fleet member be the buyer. The ratio is so lopsided that it'd not take much Zen to buy out a few hundred thousand Dil.

2.) Give you ID/PW to a fleetmate (assuming you're a Silver player) and they can use your toon to donate to the fleet.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Lt. Commander
# 27
04-09-2014, 08:17 PM
Quote:
I don't blame Voyager for what happened to the Borg. If you think back to what Commander Shelby was saying in BoBW she was part of some task force that was building ships to better defend against the Borg. The Sovereign, Defiant, and Intrepid were the results. I can see why they were able to deal slightly more damage and take more punishment, but aside from Endgame 1 and 2...VOyager never really defeated a Cube that was fully functional. Sure, they destroyed a probe, damaged a sphere with a torpedo, and even caused a Tactical cube to self destruct...but Voyager never forcefully beat a cube into submission with Phasers and Torpedos.

Admiral Janeway brought weapons specifically designed to fight the Borg (Transphasics) and they were for shock value. Watching a CUbe explode with one Torpedo was exactly that...the endgame event. It was for production value.

However, The Borg are designed to adapt...and they have adapted since then. They have not been sitting on their hands. They assimilated the Armor technology, so they SHOULD outmatch us again.

STO should reflect this.

the borg do adapt to Transphasics its said so. but before they do starfleet pretty much destroys most of the Borg. also in tng it was said they where working on anti borg phasers etc but they would take years to complete. so being where after both tng and voyager or at least supposed to be assume all your ships have that tec.
Career Officer
# 28
04-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Turn your dil into Zen, turn that into something sellable like FSMs, donate those or just EC to the fleet bank. Let 'em buy contraband for everyone to turn in or something.
Lieutenant
# 29
04-09-2014, 08:44 PM
all games will bore you eventually, my advice is to continue the less and less time played in order to get more out of things when you do play

letting assets sit inactive is not ever a waste, you just never know what the future holds and whether or not you will return.

the last thing you want to do is give away all your stuff thinking your about done only to change your mind later down the road and invest even more time and effort only to end up right back at the same place.

i would keep your dill or whatever, your intensions are good, but guard your time invested just incase
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
04-09-2014, 08:53 PM
Quote:

Unless it was a Special Event or something. That could be fun. Doubly so if when you die you don't get to respawn. You need teamwork to win.