Lt. Commander
# 1 Cheating?
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Ive noticed through my progressing up the klingon ranks that more and more feds seem to be employing in my personal opinion "dirty tatics", namely Spawn Camping and Ganking - a few times now ive been the only or one of 2 klingons on a map with 5 feds and they will chase you around the map trying to get early easy points (generally before the rest of the klingon side appears and we slaughter them).

Im not say that these tatics ARE cheating, but certainly imo i think they are, and have never used them, ive often said in zone chat if im with a group and there is a lone fed, that we will not attack until the numbers are balanced, this ensures fun is had by all and that the match is a fair one. Seems that im alone in that respect tho.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Let me put it this way, the vast majority of games start off with Klingons rushing cloaked the Fed spawn and killing them as they come in. If the Feds get in first and do it to you? Well then, i guess its called payback.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 08:06 PM
Nope, i sit in the centre high up and shout out in zone chat that they are safe until they have 5, if they ignore that and attack first then all bets are off. There is no honour in ganking or spawn camping
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
Let me put it this way, the vast majority of games start off with Klingons rushing cloaked the Fed spawn and killing them as they come in. If the Feds get in first and do it to you? Well then, i guess its called payback.
problem is feds DONT do it when the klingons are last to come in

they sit and ball up on their entry spot instead
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:31 PM
I love fighting 5 Klingons solo. It makes me a better fighter when my Fed buddies leave me high an dry.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:40 PM
I usually enjoy trying to take out a Fed or two before they can kill me. Doesn't always work, but it is worth trying and provides a challenge :-)
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
The Federation basically CAN'T do the 5v1-3 ganking unless the Klingons allow it. Sure, you might get blasted as you zone in if someone is sitting on top of the spawn, but you still have a chance to out run them and cloak.

The Federation has no such opportunity, and I have yet to see a single match where the Klingons didn't pounce ASAP when they had the numerical advantage. It's annoying, but can also be gratifying from time to time; like the very recent game where I zone in and see the Klingons hammering on some poor guy that looks to be all alone, with a 0-5 score. We came back and won 15-5, serves them right
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Pfft my runabout can pwna all.... injured ship + ramming speed = boom

Bird of prey = destroyed by runabout = lots of crying = lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevedis View Post
problem is feds DONT do it when the klingons are last to come in

they sit and ball up on their entry spot instead
We've been doing it all day. It never happens in a PUG as half the team take forever to load in but if you run with a usual pvp team on fed side we do exactly the same as we do on kdf... stand around waiting for queues :p
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodie0854
I
Don't talk, EVER, about Fed tactics until Klingons stop using the "get 1-0 score and remain cloaked FTW" tactic. Lame ass cowards. "Real" Klingons would kill you on the spot for having such yellow guts.