Lt. Commander
# 1 To all Vulcans
02-07-2010, 06:24 AM
I am in a most precarious situation. I have been a hermit all my life, an only child, and now I live alone. For 1 year I lived with a woman who was perfect for me and found true love, but now that woman is gone and I am in shambles.

She was only supposed to be gone for a month, but at the end she told me she won't be coming back. She wants to go to college and really do something with her life before we're together again. She still loves me, it is not a breakup, which makes it even more difficult to cope with. I'm supposed to go without her, not even talk to her 99% of the time, yet also not forget her.

Therefore I have come to ask you to assist me in the purging of all emotion. Now I don't expect to meet any Vulcan masters here obviously, but maybe there are some people here who have ideas or know more about actual Vulcan techniques then me, as I know very little.

Also, I am a MAN. According to the media I am not supposed to have any emotions. While I am here alone, she has a vast network of family and friends to assist her should any sort of grief come up. I have no one, but since I'm a MAN that's okay and no one should give a damn about my feelings.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm not a Vulcan, but watch the Voyager episode Alter Ego (its on youtube). Purging his emotions didn't work too well for Harry.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Chat can kinda relate...
Her boyfriend was house sitting for a friend a couple of months. It was the loneliest of times.
But Chat survived. How?
Acceptance.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Chat reminds me of a character from an RPG called Tales of Destiny 2 (or Tales of Eternia) Chat Aifread: She is a young pirate captain who uses odd tools and hammers during battle, but judging by the way this one speaks, I'm thinking me of Ed from Cowboy Bebop.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
Chat reminds me of a character from an RPG called Tales of Destiny 2 (or Tales of Eternia) Chat Aifread: She is a young pirate captain who uses odd tools and hammers during battle, but judging by the way this one speaks, I'm thinking me of Ed from Cowboy Bebop.
Good game.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Quote:
I am in a most precarious situation. I have been a hermit all my life, an only child, and now I live alone. For 1 year I lived with a woman who was perfect for me and found true love, but now that woman is gone and I am in shambles.

She was only supposed to be gone for a month, but at the end she told me she won't be coming back. She wants to go to college and really do something with her life before we're together again. She still loves me, it is not a breakup, which makes it even more difficult to cope with. I'm supposed to go without her, not even talk to her 99% of the time, yet also not forget her.

Therefore I have come to ask you to assist me in the purging of all emotion. Now I don't expect to meet any Vulcan masters here obviously, but maybe there are some people here who have ideas or know more about actual Vulcan techniques then me, as I know very little.

Also, I am a MAN. According to the media I am not supposed to have any emotions. While I am here alone, she has a vast network of family and friends to assist her should any sort of grief come up. I have no one, but since I'm a MAN that's okay and no one should give a damn about my feelings.
Go in to the Marines, become a man, and forget her...

that is the Advise my father would have said.

Personally I think you should move to Europe do drugs go to raves and get a Mohawk. because you need to live a little before you become a hermit.

p.s. if Europe is out of the question or you live there find a place like this.. see video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mb-Z9nrJNo

And she dumped you in the nicest way she thought, by not dumping you but moving out of your life.

ohh and PSS

Men have emotions they just don't understand its ok to have them. or they do stupid things because of them.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel_Martog
[i]she dumped you in the nicest way she thought, by not dumping you but moving out of your life.
On the contrary, there is nothing "nice" about it. Were it simply to be over she knows she could just say that. She wants to keep the hope alive until the relationship becomes a distant memory. Then a few years from now I'll speak to her and she won't even remember me.

Actually I'm not sure yet, this is about what she wants to do right now and she has said if I move to her state she will live with me again, however she intends to spend 90% of the time with her vast number of family and friends regardless.

Here, halfway across America, it was a cozy life. We'd spend all day together watching episodes, playing games, being intimate.

I'm not sure if it would be better to move or wait for another long and intimate visit, but right now I need to find a way to stop thinking of her every second of every day.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 07:48 AM
That and she left nearly all her stuff here. She doesn't even have her own room anymore, and everything she did have was moved here: diaries, photos, gifts, stuffed animals, her computer, cds, lots and lots of things. Many of these are personal and sentimental to her, she wouldn't even let me read them.

It is said that "women make plans" if it was a breakup plan it was the worst one ever. I'm not giving anything back if she breaks my heart.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 07:55 AM
To be honest she is really asking a lot.

My guess is she's using you as a backup plan in case any of the other guys she ****s around with don't work with. Women tend to pull this kind of ****.

Dump her ass and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Quote:
That and she left nearly all her stuff here. She doesn't even have her own room anymore, and everything she did have was moved here: diaries, photos, gifts, stuffed animals, her computer, cds, lots and lots of things. Many of these are personal and sentimental to her, she wouldn't even let me read them.

It is said that "women make plans" if it was a breakup plan it was the worst one ever. I'm not giving anything back if she breaks my heart.
Women are strange and difficult creatures, we tend to error on the side of comfort, she must have felt comfortable with you but she needed to move on, she is dumping you but she isn't ready to admit it yet to herself, and yet you already see it. don't end up being nasty to her when she does make it real but you need to move on as well, also you would fit into the "Clingy" category of guys I really think you need to see some of the world before committing yourself so strongly. the way you sound i would say she might even be somewhat afraid of you, the only way I would move out and not take my important stuff is if I was scared. I hope it isn't the second case, I am sure your not a spooky hermit.