Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2010, 06:10 AM
I did the download pre-order through Atari. I assume I am not one of the ones who got cut off for the "retail head start". I go to activate my serial key and it says it is already activated.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzar
Yeah very frustrating. This is the first weekend though. First major hits to the server. We should have known when people could only play the closed beta during certain hours.
I have heard scary things about Cryptic and Champions online, I never tried it due to checking the forums when that game came out. I mean star trek has been ok for a release but lately even when im its a lag fest at least 4 times yesterday I got booted in middle of long episodes only to try and log back in with 15 min queue times. These to be quite frank are beta issues not release issues, patches and expected down times are one thing but when the server crashes 3 or 4 times a day and thats prolly a low number makes me wonder. Like I said I have not been booted so much in a new release MMO since Ultima Online hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2010, 06:14 AM
ayup same here got to play for about 10 mins tho
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Could we get a comment or acknowledgement from the Dev's of an issue? been about 45 minutes now with this problem.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2010, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groggg
Could we get a comment or acknowledgement from the Dev's of an issue? been about 45 minutes now with this problem.
I don't even think they know, they hit the start button and went back to bed prolly..
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2010, 06:18 AM
Well...I logged in, rubberbanded across to a system in caddy space then SERVER IS NOT RESPONDED, boom, headshotted and back to login, now boned for log in.

Guess she needs more dilithium crystals cap'n.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2010, 06:21 AM
I'm waiting for more mainenance to pop up, i'm sure its coming when they figure out its not working.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2010, 06:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecapper
I have heard scary things about Cryptic and Champions online, I never tried it due to checking the forums when that game came out. I mean star trek has been ok for a release but lately even when im its a lag fest at least 4 times yesterday I got booted in middle of long episodes only to try and log back in with 15 min queue times. These to be quite frank are beta issues not release issues, patches and expected down times are one thing but when the server crashes 3 or 4 times a day and thats prolly a low number makes me wonder. Like I said I have not been booted so much in a new release MMO since Ultima Online hehe.
You getting booted out of the game for whatever reason you were booted out is not a server crash, I played all day yesterday without any problems except the one time I idled for over fifteen minutes and had to wait to get back in (queues really should be on master log in not character). And I haven't seen any true crashes since the beginning of the week not sure what you are talking about here.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2010, 06:24 AM
What really annoys me about the server failures, inability to log in and general uselessness is that WE'RE NEVER TOLD WHAT'S HAPPENING!

It'd be nice to get a message saying, "We're aware that many of you can't log in at the moment. This is due to 'x' and we're looking in to it now."
Lt. Commander
# 30 A joke
02-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneecapper
Wonder how long its gonna take them to figure out its not up LoL
I wonder if they will reimburse the people who have not been able to play the game do to the server allways being down and waiting 5 hours to be logged in. I know I'm one of them and i will be telling my customers not to buy this game if they dont fix this issue soon.