Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
"Who paid not to play" This is quite a common phenomenon on the WoW forums.

And the banks already own everything, including America.
Not just America, our very SOUUULLLLLLS!!!!

RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-07-2010, 06:30 AM
The only other way I've ever paid for an MMO in the past is through pre-paid game cards. Which I BELIEVE STO has set up as well (I haven't seen any in stores, but then I don't go shopping much). Gotta say, having a credit/debit card with a credit card logo is really the way to go. Most convenient.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-07-2010, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
wow that's constructive sir.... or mam
why don't you make your self useful mom... and make points and facts to make a point.
you sound like my friend who like to give blame and cry instead actually trying to be constructive

FYI, i will be back online today, i have a way to pay extra to play... but i stand for all those less fortunate than me...

don't like it? too bad
He has been making points. Here, let me simplify it so even you can understand:
  1. Most people have a bank account
  2. After the free 30 days expires, you'll neeed to pay more anyway
  3. Therefore, you're only paying up front what you would pay anyway
  4. Except you're not paying up front if you use a card.
  5. So we see it just makes things simpler for us.

And if you studied Economics at all, you'd know that the bank doesn't just give your money out. You could go in at any time and go get it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-07-2010, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
wow i can't believe that a normal person can not play STO after paying $80 for a game! why is cryptic asking for more money. i want to play for the 30 days, not to buy a game card extra to even start playing, your box does not say anything about requiring more money to play. not everyone has a credit card so that's not a fair option for us. the only fair option is to pay and EXTRA 15 bucks for a game card.... this is a rip off to anyone in the shoes that i have laid out. This is the perfect example of bad business and will hurt cryptic in the form of PR image......

WILL THEY CHANGE THIS......... MY guess is NO, they think everything's OK and anyone who says different is wining.

this "have to pay more to play" maneuver only make me think...

Cryptic only cares about money

Cryptic doesn't care about the users

Cryptic is hurting financially and needs money up front for a game that should still be in BETA

CEOs might as well move and work for the banks, they need the money more.
QQ much?

Everyone has the option to get a bank account. The fact that you don't obviously own one is your own foolishness. At least your money is safe in there. But considering you are whining about banks not paying you or taking your money without consent is actually illegal. So if that truly happened to you then why didn't you go to court to testify? If you did however an lost it's because of your own poor money management. You probably went negative cause you decided to buy things that you didn't have the money for therefore the bank has every right to charge you an overdraft fee essentially taking money. And YES YOU AUTHORIZED that by signing the paperwork and getting the account so there fore your argument is null and void sir. You need to learn how to better manage your money.

I personally get paid by my bank interest every month then again I also am good with money management and have a very good job to back it up. As far as MMO's charging well you should have known that any GOOD MMO will charge a monthly subscription fee in order to play it. That fee goes to future development maintainance and growth of the game. Without it you would get a game with no replay value or continued entertainment. You would beat it within a few weeks to a couple months and be done. Why do you think other MMO's like Everquest, Wow, Eve, LOTRO, Champions, CoH/CoV, etc etc all have done fairly well and still have subscribers years after release. Yes Cryptic wants money THEY ARE A FREAKING BUSINESS. THAT IS WHAT BUSINESSES DO. They make money if they didn't want to make money then they would have made the game entirely free and you would have gotten a totally garbage game.

Quit your whinning and trolling and take it to some other forums all your arguments are garbage.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Where are they?

why do u need my credit card info if i am playing just for a month?
* it's personal info you can't require for paying in cash
why can't i just get admiral and stop playing till game is fixed?
* many blue screen of deaths, lag issues, downtime issues
For those who like to hate on peoples problems, thank you for you support

This is to let those who actually paid for the game and can't play, thank you
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
wow that's constructive sir.... or mam
why don't you make your self useful mom... and make points and facts to make a point.
you sound like my friend who like to give blame and cry instead actually trying to be constructive

FYI, i will be back online today, i have a way to pay extra to play... but i stand for all those less fortunate than me...

don't like it? too bad
1) They won't charge you until your free 30 days is up. They're trying to get all their subscription information in order so their pay processing servers don't get swamped on day 31. It's smart.

2) They have a privacy policy. Your information is safe. This is Cryptic, not Akbar's Discownt MMO Pay Play Servusses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
"Who paid not to play" This is quite a common phenomenon on the WoW forums.

And the banks already own everything, including America.
Well of course the damn banks own everything! What do you expect from an institution that exists to hold on to all your money?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-07-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
Where are they?

why do u need my credit card info if i am playing just for a month?
* it's personal info you can't require for paying in cash
why can't i just get admiral and stop playing till game is fixed?
* many blue screen of deaths, lag issues, downtime issues
For those who like to hate on peoples problems, thank you for you support

This is to let those who actually paid for the game and can't play, thank you
You paid $50 for a game to play for a month?

I've found the game runs smoothly on my five year old computer. You're likely having a computer issue rather then a game issue.

And they can ask for personal information. You don't have to give it to them, of course, but they don't have to let you play.

BUT! Since this seems to serve no purpose but to QQ, I'm done with you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-07-2010, 08:06 AM
Go buy a visa pre-paid gift card. Put that card number in, then you're free to play for the next 30 days, and whatever balance is on your gift card, you can spend right away like cash.
I understand your gripe about not wanting to buy a time card (because that is giving them more money, should you decide not to play after 30 days, you'd be stuck with it). Pre-paid visas are available all over the place.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-07-2010, 08:19 AM
How about opening a bank account just to confirm your details, you don't have to use it and then cancel after your free time is up, if you like you can close the account too. It's probably been said before but you won't be billed until your free 30 days are over.

A point worth considering is if they didn't confirm details there would be MANY more spammers and such in the game. They're a problem as it is, imagine what it would be like if bots could constantly generate accounts without having to confirm details. (they may be finding a way to do this anyway but at last the bots need to be more complicated and as such there are fewer than there could be)

Oh, about an earlier post title of yours "Are u educated", it is rather self defeating to question someones education while failing to spell properly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-07-2010, 10:10 AM
I've noticed on this forum there are a lot of people who have a problem with paying cryptic for their work.

If you think video games are cheap and easy to produce, you're dead wrong.

So appreciate and pay them. I'm sure they've been working hard.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:03 PM.