Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_phillip_collier View Post
How about opening a bank account just to confirm your details, you don't have to use it and then cancel after your free time is up, if you like you can close the account too. It's probably been said before but you won't be billed until your free 30 days are over..
And I heard that some banks even give you a free gun for opening an account! So it's win win, you get your debit/credit card, and for the paranoid who don't believe in banking institutions, you can have a fire arm to protect yourself from corporate America when they come to your door while you're enjoying the services you paid to play in STO.
Lt. Commander
# 22 another one....
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkwasher View Post
If you think video games are cheap and easy to produce, you're dead wrong.

So appreciate and pay them.
this is a cop-out

criticism
no facts....
one sided....
stated like a dictator.....

bet luck next time, try saying that games are exp, to make but even more to keep going..... unfortunatly if you drive your customers away, you will be stuck broke.

i would hate to see STO become a failed game, they already lost a huge amount (not percentage) of gamers. funny thing is well see in 2 months thanks to this.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
wow i can't believe that a normal person can not play STO after paying $80 for a game! why is cryptic asking for more money. i want to play for the 30 days, not to buy a game card extra to even start playing, your box does not say anything about requiring more money to play. not everyone has a credit card so that's not a fair option for us. the only fair option is to pay and EXTRA 15 bucks for a game card.... this is a rip off to anyone in the shoes that i have laid out. This is the perfect example of bad business and will hurt cryptic in the form of PR image......

Will THeY CHaNGE THiS......... MY guess is NO, they think everything's OK and anyone who says different is wining.

Where are the 30 days stated on the box?

why do u need my credit card info if i am playing just for a month?
* it's personal info you can't require for paying in cash
why can't i just get admiral and stop playing till game is fixed?
* many blue screen of deaths, lag issues, downtime issues
For those who like to hate on peoples problems, thank you for you support

This is to let those who actually paid for the game and can't play, thank you

this "have to pay more to play" maneuver only make me think...

Cryptic only cares about money

Cryptic doesn't care about the users

Cryptic is hurting financially and needs money up front for a game that should still be in BETA

CEOs might as well move and work for the banks, they need the money more.
Really? perhaps you should look over the box and do a bit more research. I have "highlighted" 2 lines on your post that are simply amazing.

#1 that is marked in red will be the first topic of "discution" here. I just want to point out that on the back of the game cover it does state and I quote "Subscription Required-30 Days of Game Time Included With Purchase". It goes agin to say this exact same thing on the back of the game box itself. This could have been your first clue as to the fact that you will have to "purchase" more game time. However, if you were still confused I would like to direct your attention to the instruction booklet. Please turn to page 3 with me and look at the top of the page. The paragraph printed there says this, I will type it out for you just incase you don't see the same page 3 that I do. This of course is word for word from the booklet.

"Your registration key includes 30 days of access to Star Trek Online. Afterwards, you will be responsible for a subscription fee based on the subscription plan that you choose during registration. You may change or cancel your subscription at any time by visiting WWW.startrekonline.com/account."

There it is, the box and booklet does state that you will pay a fee at the end of your free period.

#2 in green shall be next on our aggenda.

It would appear you have no concept of how an experienced based MMO works, you might as well be on the Blizzard forum asking them why you cannot start their game as a lvl 80 warrior. The game is about you starting out at the bottom and working your way to the top, this requires time, patiance, and perhaps a dash of competence from here to there. If you wish for instant gratification have a snickers bar and a coke.

Please for the love of all the is good and right in the world do your research, and ensure you are right/correct before you go onto a world wide forum and post insane comments blasting a group of very talanted people (Cryptic). If the thoughts you put forth are indeed good points, then I am sure you will find that there are a many people on these forums and others that will have good discussions with you.

Thank you for your time and good luck in the future.
Lt. Commander
i know too many people who canceled the subscription just because they didn't want to pay with their credit card... mainly cause it would cost them more in the long run and its cheaper just paying straight up cash for the game card.....

you can still just play the 30 days that you were suppose to get and now, you just had to transmit your credit card info for NO REASON.... nice job...

its not required if i can cancel it and still play.....

so its kinda false statement...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2010, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe1980 View Post
this is a cop-out

criticism
no facts....
one sided....
stated like a dictator.....

bet luck next time, try saying that games are exp, to make but even more to keep going..... unfortunatly if you drive your customers away, you will be stuck broke.

i would hate to see STO become a failed game, they already lost a huge amount (not percentage) of gamers. funny thing is well see in 2 months thanks to this.
I hope you're a troll, so much.

You have no basis for your statements at all. Cryptic isn't doing anything really all that unusual. They're a business, and they have to make money, so are you denying them the money you owe them for playing their game?

And I'd like to see these "huge amount" of people who left STO
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vistu
If you wish for instant gratification have a snickers bar and a coke.
Thats a quote worth saving.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2010, 01:11 PM
At the rate I am going, it seems as if I am paying not to play. At least I am using a prepaid time card.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Sorry I couldn't offer a more detailed answer Jobe and sorry that I stated it like a dictator, but it's not like people haven't been discussing these issues to death at all.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2010, 01:13 PM
I used Paypal to pay, i try not to use my creit cards if i can. Everyone can use paypal, you just need money.
Lt. Commander
# 30 to the readers
02-07-2010, 01:54 PM
I have operated a PC/CONSOLE arcade for some time now, im just speaking for my customers and to let anyone know..... based on my input from feedback, i suspected to have STO on all PC's and to have them mostly being used to play it.... instead i find an average of 7 out of 28 being used to play STO. Recently when asked why don't you play, a couple said it won't let them because their parents couldn't afford the credit at the moment even tho i am sure they had the cash... unfortunately i haven't found game cards available yet... stores near my location do not have them yet..... please post if any stores have first.

the game is new so even I expect their to be certain issues.......
unfortunately 11 year old's have their own opinion, I tell them to stick with it, don't quit all together before you make a decision, it better to have your leveled character early so you can "casually play" and see what happens with the game....if you want to "take a break" for a month, that's fine but keep informed on their website, do your homework, and when it's safe and it calls for you, all you have to do is get a game card and play....

i personally really do want STO to succeed as a great source of online entertainment.
I also know there's a way to do it where everyone wins, as a programmer nobody can tell me how hard it is to program, truthfully i find programming fun rather than "hard to do", if anything there is a lot of typing. At first STO was completely different than what i originally expected. i thought it would be much bigger, but that can still happen..... i am enjoying what there is so far in STO, personally i like fair open pvp in non home land sectors, and at-least some police in non deapspace/boarder surrounding areas. maybe even full axis turning because i have a joystick and it makes no sense to use it now for me. besides that, i love what they did with ships and trees, music is great and makes me feel like im watching the show.

anyway i hope this clears some things up everyone