Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-24-2008, 09:00 PM
This was a great interview and there was definitely some great new information in it! Thank you for posting this!
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-24-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't think the Borg should ever be playable.

If you are going to add playable factions, add Cardasians, Romulans, or a Gamma quadrant race from the worm hole.

But the Borg are more computers than human.

the Borg would be boring because they walk everywhere. they never run, and they use superior numbers to overwhelm and assimilate. being a drone is better left to an AI, than people who have aggressive tendencies.

I can just imagine it...

- A Borg cube appears from trans warp in front of your ship -

-The cube hails you and says's "Hey Newbs, I Pwn U Now" -

... the borg are predictable, they always say in that multi voice, "We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.", or "We are the Borg, You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile."

and I hope they do put an audio in there when the borg cube captures you in the tracter beam and opens that hail.

but siriously, how could any trek fan, or a game that claims to follow trek caanon, allow human players to play the borg as a faction.

( though I could be becomeing assimilated once, in a rare limeted mission, that allows you to play as a drone for a short piriod of time, and come out of the mission with "borg" advantages)

other than that, the interview sounds good, and I love the idea of time travel.

-Curiouse- I wonder, will you be able to say travel to san fransisco in the 1990's, or other 20th centry times like almost every captain in all the shows have.

thats my rant.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-25-2008, 12:48 AM
ok... seriously guys... owned by IGE? Who cares?

It was a good interview and I don't think the guys that run the gaming sites are out there pimping underage prostitutes or giving ak-47's to 12 year olds in afghanistan. Get a grip Selling online gold is about as bad as refusing to eat your brocolli. Besides I don't think Allakazham is even owned by them anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Really nice interview and great information in it.

For all German readers a translation can be found here:
http://www.startrek-online.info/alla...inkievich.html

Regards,
Calvert
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-25-2008, 02:35 AM
I don't think being allowed to play as a borg would be overly off-balancing.
Look at 7 of 9 from Voyager or Hue from The Next Generation.
I think if they were going to allow PC controlled Borg there ought to be some kind of trade-off. Some kind of stat handicap or something, I mean, 7 of 9 (as a character) wasn't uber by any means. She had some obvious strengths, but some weaknesses.
How that would relate to a gaming system, I don't know. Again though, if Borg are going to be playable as player controlled characters there would need to be some kind of balancing factor that would have to come into play.

just my opinion though, that and 5 pennies gets you a nickel.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the interview and nice content!
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-25-2008, 03:55 AM
it was a great interview all upto the point he said it might be possible to have player Borg THEY ARE MACHINES AND HAVE A HIVE MIND! one cannot just become instant "unique" Borg, if we are all unique then no-one is

but the rest of the interview was cool
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-25-2008, 05:17 AM
great interwiev I can' t wait to see what is meant with this "new technology". Sounds like we get real great stuff and a vast number of planets and civilizations.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-25-2008, 06:55 AM
Great interview as always, it would be great to speak your own factions language like they do in WoW, it appears jibberish to other races but to the race thats saying it, it appears in English (or their local language)
Lt. Commander
# 30 Set Phasers to read
10-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Yay for time travel and seeing classic style ships. Good to hear newer playable versions of them will still be included (Constellation class maybe?). I was wondering how loot would be handled but I noticed you said specifically Federation Captains. Does that mean Klingons can graverob? Heh.

I love the inclusion of tricorders and how your role/profession affects what it can do. I hope abilities are vast making each role/profession unique. As for the Kobayashi Maru, I have my plans to solve it all layed out. Set calculations for Time Warp, so there are two of me then I can accomplish both tasks! As always one of me is always expendable.

Overall good interview. Please keep the info coming, and any chance for a story timeline update?