Ensign
I think it is a money generating idea. I would welcome a gold day pass in which i by and can activate any time i want. Last for 24 hours with activation. For those that want to have the perks of gold membership without the commitment. You can test drive the gold members. See if it is for you. For pricing i think it would scale fine if you use the zen system with some kinda math i can't think of but it would get some people interesting in trying gold membership.

Heck you can also make it a award for lockboxes like 1 in a billon chances you will get a gold day pass. You can use it or sell it on the exchange. It would literally be a game changer. Could call it the golden ticket.

With the one day access i think the only benefits people would see it the diliithium processing bonus and the captain table access. But it all people to say i was a gold member even if it would only for a day. Could be a accolade "Gold member for a day"

As i said this is an idea where it generated a small amount of money and allow people to try gold membership a day at a time. If that really like it then they would keep buying the pass every other day or something. Then say hey maybe a month subscription would be better and from there they can go beyond to like lifetime membership.
Captain
# 2
04-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulmanchun View Post
I think it is a money generating idea. I would welcome a gold day pass in which i by and can activate any time i want. Last for 24 hours with activation. For those that want to have the perks of gold membership without the commitment. You can test drive the gold members. See if it is for you. For pricing i think it would scale fine if you use the zen system with some kinda math i can't think of but it would get some people interesting in trying gold membership.

Heck you can also make it a award for lockboxes like 1 in a billon chances you will get a gold day pass. You can use it or sell it on the exchange. It would literally be a game changer. Could call it the golden ticket.

With the one day access i think the only benefits people would see it the diliithium processing bonus and the captain table access. But it all people to say i was a gold member even if it would only for a day. Could be a accolade "Gold member for a day"

As i said this is an idea where it generated a small amount of money and allow people to try gold membership a day at a time. If that really like it then they would keep buying the pass every other day or something. Then say hey maybe a month subscription would be better and from there they can go beyond to like lifetime membership.
The only problem is: You get most of the perks that are worth getting in a gold membership immediatly after signing up. For things which you getb to keep as a silver player, like inventory, bank, ship slots, account bank, character slot, boff slots and even the stipend, it doesn't matter if you signed up a day, a week or a month.

If you're going after Vet perks, it doesn't make sense to go Gold if you're only starting out right now. LTS will have much better value.

If you want to try out Gold once, there is always the option of buying an old, unused retail version on amazon and ebay for ~$1-2, which will include 30 days of Gold membership.
Commander
# 3
04-11-2014, 11:23 AM
Any word on the next Lifetime Sale? I think I'm going to take the plunge when that happens.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-14-2014, 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidshatner View Post
Any word on the next Lifetime Sale? I think I'm going to take the plunge when that happens.
Agreed. I want the silver one. Rand to dollars is heavy atm.
Whether you think you are right or wrong, either way you are RIGHT.