Lt. Commander
# 1 Got say this!
02-07-2010, 04:29 AM
OK.

I have played my self-created Romulan (please, no more crap about it) to Lt. Commander and I enjoy it very much.

However, I have some things to say while we wait on yet another downtime to end.

1. If the Federation and Klingon Empire are at war, why is it that Federation missions are exploration or fighting against the Klingon Empire, while the Klingon Empire missions, to start, are against other Klingons? This was an aspect I disliked in CoH/CoV.

2. No sash, cloak, or cape options for Klingons or Federation. If our choices of uniform are more relaxed, why are these items missing? I would also like to see different styles for Klingon outfits.

3. We need more than three character slots.

4. We need the option to respec. I spent point for long-range ground combat before I knew Federation officers could locate bat'leths.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSlaven View Post
OK.

I have played my self-created Romulan (please, no more crap about it) to Lt. Commander and I enjoy it very much.

However, I have some things to say while we wait on yet another downtime to end.

1. If the Federation and Klingon Empire are at war, why is it that Federation missions are exploration or fighting against the Klingon Empire, while the Klingon Empire missions, to start, are against other Klingons? This was an aspect I disliked in CoH/CoV.

2. No sash, cloak, or cape options for Klingons or Federation. If our choices of uniform are more relaxed, why are these items missing? I would also like to see different styles for Klingon outfits.

4. We need the option to respec. I spent point for long-range ground combat before I knew Federation officers could locate bat'leths.
Just quick answers point-by-point:

1- The Klingon Empire is in a state of civil war, much like the Romulans. House Martok and House Duras are still squabbling. J'mpok took over through a coup, so there's bound to be in-fighting. This persisted in at least two Star Trek television series.

2- I've seen the Sash on some players, but I don't know if that's a Pre-order item or what. The overall Klingon customisation is lacking, but this was sort of to be expected since the Klingons are very much so a tack-on idea at this point.

3- No, 3 is enough unless they open new playable factions. One thing that rubs me the wrong way in MMOs is when they allow too many character slots and players become their own self-sustaining nations. Last I want to see is this sort of thing in STO. Keep the limit unless it's opened to play a Romulan or Cardassion.

If players chose to use all three slots to have an Engineering, Tactical and Science captain in one faction, so be it. But I don't think it helps fleet dynamics to allow people to cover every possible role. Down the road it will be nice to have a specific "build" that is in demand. Give people 10 options and you have no demand, they simply login to another character and fulfill said demand themelves.

4- Respec option is coming. It's been directly addressed by the Devs that the option will be coming for in-game currency. And at Commander you can actually buy a Bat'leth on DS9.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSlaven View Post
OK.

1. Klingons are very violent people. They like to fight amoung each other and squabble, even in wars. Did you know how a First Officer gets promoted in the Klingon fleet? According to TNG, and the Trek Episodes, they fight their weak Captains for their position and kill them if they are weak or incompentent. (TNG: "A Matter Of Honor")

2. I agree. I made a Klingon rebel that joined the Federation (he feels the war with the Federation was wrong and dishonorable).

3. You can, if you got the Life time membership, I have 5 slots... I made 2 Federation faction Captains, 2 Klingon faction characters, and 1 I am undecided.

4. I have deleted my characters for making mistake, this is a nice option.