Lt. Commander
We would have had multiple servers
Faction PvP zones
Would have had 4 playable factions, Rom, Fed, kilng, Cards (not held back to be sold seperate in the rip off C-store
We would have had pve content for them all (and I don;t mean clikc 5 flashy things over and over and over)
We would have had planets larger than football fields that actually had life on them instead of Cryptics take on planet like which is zip.
We would have had ship interiors that actually mean something
We would have had many crafting proffs
We would have had loads of end game content
We would have respecs that can be purchased with in game currency, very cheaply too.
We would have had all the uniforms right out the box, not for RL money in the rip off C-store
we would have had much more varied missions
we would have had more stable servers
we would have had a cheaper monthly sub
we would have had better battlegrounds
We would have had gear that actually makes you want to get it, not like this ****** 16dps greens and then 10 levels later you get 18dps LOL get real.
We would have had Ground pvp maps that were not little circle designs
We would have had worse graphics that look like cartoons :p
We would have had more than 3 pieces of furniture to decorate the rooms for the ground missions
We would have better music
We would have much better support
I would have been banned ages ago
We would have had a game that actually feels and plays like ST and not this instanced based pile of bug ridden unstable mess that has missions such as 'walk around empty underground cave and click 5 flashing computers that are plugged into the rocks but still work and then beam back to your ship' LOL

I think Cryptic should be banned from the mmo market as they are by far the worst games developer I have ever seen in my life. They lack the vision and capability to grasp what the mmo market is all about, they simply have not got a clue. They are good at money making and STO is all about money and not one bit about the theme or ths game. It was made with a "That will do" attitude, I can just see it now:

"ok guys you have 4 weeks to make 40 missions, we lauch in feb just make any old **** up, don;t worry the fanboys will be so blinded by the ST tinsel they won't mind, just think of the money and don't feel guilty".

Clearly I just made that up but after playing this game well into the middle it feels as though that was the attitude behind it.

So Cryptic as this is my last waltz on here I just have to say this.

You took probably the best franchise available, a true giant of TV history, something I grew up with in the 60's and fell back in love with in the 90's. A vast immersive genere that was tailor made for an mmo, the scripts were written, the models aready there as were the clothes, planets allys and enemys. All this already researched for you on day 1 and the best you can do is come up with this instanced based drivvel you call a game, you are a joke of a company and a greedy one at that, you are not gamers at heart and don't give a **** about gamers. Please make a fortune off this game and they retire and GTFO the gaming industry, leave it to the pros.

Beam me out Scotty.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 05:14 PM
if Blizzard made this game, I would be able to get my Lt. Commander ship. Now, my free ship token is wasted and I have no ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 05:15 PM
If Blizzard made this game, this launch would be horrendous....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 05:16 PM
if Blizzard made this game, a bunch of fat whinny nerds would be *****ing and complain.... wait nm.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vision
QQ
One less for the queues then? Cryptic have done a great job, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
If Blizzard had made this game, you'd have just flown - slowly - from Sol to Pi Canis to analyze ten lizards, flown back, only to be told to fly all the way back again to analyze ten slightly different sort of lizards.
Lt. Commander
# 7
Don't worry, if Cryptic F's this game away as it seems they have, they will be blackballed across the MMO Community. With the debauchery of CO and now STO, Cryptic has pretty much shown how quickly you can turn a gold mine into a shiny turd.
Lt. Commander
# 8
While i have to agree to some of your arguments, i tend to think that your avatar represents your post.
STO is far apart from being perfect atm, but you have to realize that WoW had the same problems at the beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 9
if blizzard made this game

the vulcans would be reskinned night elves
the klingons would be reskined orcs
you wouldnt get a ship til level 40
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 05:18 PM
how about you take if blizzard made back to world of warcrack and stop *****ing you peopel need to understand when they got this from the last developers they were given 2 years to turne something crappy into somethign good and i for one think they did a damn fine job and people need to stop compairing it to the crap that is WoW
Closed Thread