Lt. Commander
# 1 Question about training
02-07-2010, 06:53 AM
Am just wondering how you train up your boff skills from lvl I to II or III etc..

Ive hit admiral, have promoted all my boff's etc.. and read from the guy in space dock that to go from I to II or whatever you have to "train" them, so I go to the train option in the char screen, and there is no option to train up the level, only replace the skill with something else..

Anyway, question is how do you go from lvl I to II or III ?

Thanks for any info..

Also I saw a post a while back that explains the skill tree a bit and explains in details what each skill is for, if it improves weapon damage or not etc.. can anyone point me to that one again please ? im sure ive wasted a lot of skill points in useless stuff

Cheers.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 09:06 AM
The only way to level is to use your skill points. Same goes for your Boff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanMax
The only way to level is to use your skill points. Same goes for your Boff.
Oh ok, so you cant go from a lvl I skill to a lvl II skill unless you replace it or change boff's ?

Kinda lame but ok, I must have missread somewhere.

Cheers for that.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Yes, you have to repurchase the skill you want at the appropriate rank for you BO's. So Ensign you had High Yield Torpedoes I. You promote your BO to Lt. and you want High Yield II. You would have to go purchase High Yield II from the power trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:45 PM
But then I have that skill twice, a lvl I and a lvl II.. So i have the same skill talking up 2 slots on my hud.. doesnt really bother me as I use the skills a fair bit, but now I have 2 Repair Hull & 2 Repair Shield skills on my powers bar, level I's and level 2's..

Just a strange way of doing it, should have been like WoW when you level up you can train to the next level of the skill as well, and it just upgrades.. this way just seems messy to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2010, 03:39 AM
I am not sure but your lvl II skills should replace your lvl 1 skills.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2010, 06:18 AM
I have this propblem also... the lvl 2 skills u want to replace the level skills with always go into the lutenant grade leaving you with 2 versions of the saeme skill... i had to replace my lvl 1 skill with someonething else
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Yea its a bit of a strange way to do things