Lt. Commander
Now that the grace period for the STO head start is over you have to have a full retail key activated on your account to play.

If you are receiving the error "You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" then the chances are you do not have the retail key activated. Even if you are sure that you did go back and double check.

If you have not, go to www.startrekonline.com/activate to activate the retail key (make sure you log in!)

I have seen several people post who have a retail key activated and are still not able to log in.
We are not sure what is keeping you out at this time but we are researching the issue.

If you are still unable to log in after activating your retail key please post in this thread so I can have you all in one place and not scattered about. It'll make helping you all much faster.

Also if you have not submitted a billing ticket please submit one. There is more information captured in the billing ticket then you can give me in a forum post.

EDIT: Yes you have to have a valid credit card to activate your retail key.
We do not charge the credit cards, but we need them in case you do want reoccuring billing.
(I am probably going to get in trouble for saying this)
If you are worried about charges simply activate the account then immediately cancel. This will give you the 30 free days that come with your retail copy, then you will not have to worry about being charged unless you want to.

edit 2: thank you for the .com catch, I fixed it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 07:32 AM
I can't log in and my full retial key is active, what I wanna know is since this a problem at your end are you gonna offer added game time since this is cutting into our 30 days?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 07:33 AM
Full retail key and active Subscription here, but getting this error, have been since servers came back up earlier, please fix
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder
* Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion B
* Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions

* Star Trek Online Recurring 12-Month PENDINGCUSTOMER

Retail key was accepted, I was able to create a Joined Trill.

However, the system never processed my PayPal data when entering the retail key. The PayPal info was accepted a day earlier though when ordering the discount 12-months. Because the key had been accepted, I could not restart the billing process at that time.

A few days earlier, I had already bought the 12-month sub. I do not want to start yet another subscription that might cancel my 12-month discount plan (which I already paid for).

Billing ticket #583755 filed on 2 February.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Well according to cryptic i have a grace period until tomorrow, so wheres the mistake?
Lt. Commander
# 6
Affecting me. According to my account:

Activated Features
* Star Trek Online - Preorder
* Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
* Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

Subscriptions
Recurring 1-Month ACTIVE
Next Billing Date: Mar 4 2010

Unable to log in due to the issue described in thread title
Lt. Commander
# 7
Your link is missing the ".com"

when I enter (re-enter, really) the retail code I got from Direct2Drive when I downloaded the game, I get the following message:

This product key is already active, it cannot be used again.

...an this is the second time this morning I have tried this, with the same result.

I WANT to choose a subscription plan, but I am not able to. The account page has no clickable link to get to that.

Additional information:
the account "dashboard"

Products Star Trek Online
Download Game Client
Activated Features
Star Trek Online - Preorder
Subscriptions

I did go and check Direct2Drive to see if there was some sort of pending or missing code, and there are none.
Lt. Commander
# 8
I have the same problem. I cannot log in and I have already activated my retail key. I just went and verified that my key is active.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 07:36 AM
I solved my own problem
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Activated Features
Star Trek Online - Preorder
Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe
Subscriptions