Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2010, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
If feds really don't like junking up the target list with garbage, you shouldn't have been doing it for 3 tiers.

Not so fun to dig through targets, is it?

When KDF complained the vocal feds said 'deal with it.' So there you go, here's your advice right back.
Indeed. I see alot of the pot calling the kettle black here.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
It's good to know my BoP will have a buffer to work with in T5.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
my friends warned me not to rush to tier 5 because of this thing. **** shame you level so fast in this game :\
Guess I may slow down too :p, this may be a good reason to spec for scramble sensors 3 though, could be fun, I can't remember if auto target objects off worked well for mines I think in OB I may still have ended up targetting them.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrind24
Indeed. I see alot of the pot calling the kettle black here.
I agree 100% that many feds told Klingons to stick it and use tactics in beta. But those guys were the ones I spoke of who were more worried about protecting the fact that Klingon gear was so stupidly under-powered and they were more worried about destroying Klingons with pure "skill" alone. Most feds knew they were full of it.

However, remember many of us Feds said also about the gear problems then.

So lets try to stay on issue, of what the answer could be.

Carrier in itself is a bit unique thing Klingons get. The simple thing would be to make a carrier for the feds, but that detracts from the uniqueness of both sides. To the point where we will have carbon copies of each thing on each side. Pretty much what they did in WoW to try to simplify things for their PvP in a Box esports BS.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Aside from pointing fingers I doubt the fact that the feds screwed the Klingons in OB with mines is justification for the problem many are having. I have not yet gotten a queue for T5 so I cannot comment any more but, if that is the sole reason for keeping a potential problem unchecked then it is truely a sad day.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
Ya trying to deal with the now, rather than point fingers about the past in this case.

This will become a bigger issue every week.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
and so do klinks...lately thay have been mine spamming arenas and cloaking...so stop with the QQ about how the feds used this tactic when many klinks are using it now as well....
Well when you make your bed you have to sleep in it too.

Have fun sleeping in it.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
General Fleet tactic for the Federation is ballup and wait.

If you're going to do that, may as well make it as effective as possible.

As such.. they drop mines.

Personally, i don't like them. They get in the way of my torps but i can see why others enjoy them. Anyway, issue is more that people can drop/expell wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much crap. Mines need a limit on total number & Duration for a start. The carrier, i just don't know about. Though Scramble Sensors seems the simple and obvious solution to your problems.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
But to be fair, klingons should have to deal with stuff like cloaking feds and what not, no? I'm not complaining mind you (not at T5 yet), but the feds always had their ball+cluster of targets and klinks always had their cloak. Now klinks have the cloak and the ball+cluster of targets where feds get nothing extra.

Now that just doesn't seem balanced, and I mean in terms of how much stuff each side gets, not overpowered/underpowered mind you.

Simply put:
T5 Klinks || T5 Feds
Cloak......||| Ball
Ball.........|| <N/A>

Edit: Maybe feds should get the "Photonic Cannon" from voyager (starts at 1:00):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfjQ1...eature=related

If we're going with the "deal with it" approach to balance.

double edit: fixed link
Did you forget Feds also have
1..stronger hulls
2..stronger shields
3..Science ships

So if it's going to be a game of I want what he has, then I guess Klingons should get buffs to hull, shields and some more ships.

My point, People need to look at the game issues with an open mind and not the mind set of a 12 yr old.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinks View Post
General Fleet tactic for the Federation is ballup and wait.

If you're going to do that, may as well make it as effective as possible.

As such.. they drop mines.

Personally, i don't like them. They get in the way of my torps but i can see why others enjoy them. Anyway, issue is more that people can drop/expell wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much crap. Mines need a limit on total number & Duration for a start. The carrier, i just don't know about. Though Scramble Sensors seems the simple and obvious solution to your problems.
wouldn't science team counter that though? and yes your right. people drop WAY TOO MUCH CRAP.