Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
avarage fed player is a noob
Denying a problem becuase it is adventagous to you is far worse. Which goes for both sides (as they are now both doing it), Mine spam and Ship storm. A game that is broke is broke, dont matter if the broken part is for or against you.

Problem both sides, if there are not fixes in the future for both sides this game wont last 6 months (even with fixes that is a big question mark, I'm hopeing it will).

BUT, the fix needs some thinking so... drop the mines, spam the ships... Untill something smart is thought up and implemented to fix the problems.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I went from the end of tier 2 to beginning of tier 4 in just under 10 hours. :\
Not to side track too much, but how?
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royoken View Post
Not to side track too much, but how?
exploration missions, patrols, pvp, and episodes (Didn't spend much time idolling cause I hated the akira)
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
I went from the end of tier 2 to beginning of tier 4 in just under 10 hours. :\
can i level with you, took me that long to get to level 11, Im finding it painfull to level my klingon engineer, between beeing extremly undergeared and getting 1 shotted most of the time
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-08-2010, 01:19 PM
Heard that, leaving up as a klink seams more difficult than i would have expected.

I'll get lvl 9 tonight, might be able to swing 11 if I'm on track.

Can you queue for pvp from anywhere? be nice to grind Kah'less and hop in to some pvp when it pops.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royoken View Post
Heard that, leaving up as a klink seams more difficult than i would have expected.

I'll get lvl 9 tonight, might be able to swing 11 if I'm on track.

Can you queue for pvp from anywhere? be nice to grind Kah'less and hop in to some pvp when it pops.
yes, there should be an option under the extended dropdown list to qeue yourself for pvp. I do it when I see an open C&H match and I need a distraction from sector space
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Awesome, thanks faithborn!
Can't wait to get back home and multi-task pvp/pve a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorryzh View Post
I'm sorry, I've got just as much right to voice my opinion as anyone else. I keep hearing T1-4. The carriers ate not in t1-4. They are in 5. You can believe it if you want or not, but i'd be the first one trying help you guys if the situation was reversed. When people complained about viral, the answer was ap or sci team. When tbd problem was minefields we suggested tykens. I have not asked one time for carriers to be needed bi have only asked for suggestions on how to beat them or at least even the field. Lopsided pvp is no fun for anyone.

Now, once again, let's stay on topic. Can you provide us any insight on stopping them? The disadvantages of carrier? Other than having to be a Klingon to get one? J/k
First I want to add that it might be too early to really have a picture of the carrier. How many days are t5 games now going? around 3? A short time, where either the carrier could find THE uber skill, or FEDs THE counter.

Scramble sensors sound like an alternative. Fire the small vessels beams? then maybe feedback pulse them.
There are also aoe skills that hardly ever get used in pvp, maybe they get uses here: Cannon Scatter volley, Torpedo spread, gravity well, tykens rift, fire at will. Maybe a tykens rift + torpedo spread combo can kill multiple of them (tykens drains their shields, the torpedos do the rest)

You can also fire at will manually by the way. you just need a quick hand for targeting. the beams will fire on their target for the whole cycle as long as it doesn't leave the firing arc. you can pick a target forward, fire forward beams, pick one backwar, fire backward beams, pick forward again, ... That at least helps with the fighters in PvE.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aior
The targeting issue is not so much as it is the ability to for the DPS types to also cloak in and out of these battles at will, giving DPS types an even larger buffer to use their preferred skills at their preferred time. While a Federation player is left to hope that there are no cloaked ships, and a Klingon feels assured.
I have to respectfully disagree with the OP, but acknowledge a problem. The true counter to the Klingon fighter pack is the Federation AA Cruiser. The problem is, the Carrier and Cloak routine fits Klingon practice of cloak and stalk for long periods of time, rather than the more active Federation tactic of formation.

The Tier 5 AA Star Cruiser loads itself down with phaser turrets and a few wide angle phasers, I would say half and half. Half of these weapons bare all of the time, half of them bare 3/4 of the time. Fighters have such limited shields that the Star Cruiser will literally mow them down. Also, it is good against all sorts of other nasties flying through space.

This cruiser also has a couple of science types, and can act as a junior science vessel in the group.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-08-2010, 05:47 PM
The biggest problem I see with carriers is the lag they cause. Whenever I fly into a area with carriers my screen freezes for a second or two while it loads up all the targets and then resumes as normal. Didn't have this problem before but the fed's also seems to drop more minefields in T5 as well which just exacerbates the problem.

NERF CARRIER & MINEFIELD LAG!!!