Lt. Commander
Hi,

I purchased the atari digital download and recieved a Joined Trill as part of the preorder bonus. My current character is a Joined Trill, and I have been playing this character since Hesd Start.

How do i transfer my current stats to the new Trill from the preorder bonus? My understanding was that this Trill is a bit different than the one available in the game and i would like to switch, without having to start all over.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm sorry to tell you, but you can't. You do indeed have to start all over.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 08:05 AM
This was on the STO page before release: Preorder FAQ

Quote:
Q: Can I "install" my exclusive Trill symbiote after I create a different character?

A: No. Trill is a species option players can choose during character creation, not a symbiote they can implant into an existing character after character creation.
The Joined Trill from the Digital Deluxe Edition is an entirely separate race option in the character creator. You have to create a new character to use this bonus.

The symbiote is simply an additional character trait (a Joined Trill still has four traits, like a normal character; you're required to take the special one). The Joined Trill gets:

Quote:
Joined Symbiote: +3.3 Starship Energy Weapons Training, +3.3 Starship Projectile Weapons Training, +3.3 Starship Warp Core Training, +3.3 Starship Engineering Training, +6.7 Starship Operations Training
Description: Space Trait. The memories of your symbiote improve your abilities in a wide range of starship roles.
Now, those are good bonuses, but whether they're worth re-starting your character for...is up to you. The numbers are percentage bonuses, so we're only talking 3.3 to 6.7% boosts to the effects of the above skills. They do nothing if you don't have any points in the corresponding skills.

Personally, if I were in your position, I'd just make a new character and transfer all your items/equipment over. Aside from bound stuff, you can just mail yourself all the items your current character has. You'll need the help of another player to transfer energy credits, though.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
As for credits, you can just set up a buy of a Medium Hypo for the amount you want to transfer, in the Exchange. No need help from another character
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Ahhh....

I missed that part of the FAQ's. I suppose I should have thought about this before I spent the week leveling up. But if its possible to transfer my stuff to the new character, and my energy credits, then it might be worth it. I've maxed out every one of those stats already, and any boost is... well... still a boost.

Thanks for the help!