Lt. Commander
Many of the same kind of doffs have different specialties. The trouble is that when you go to assign multiples of the same specialization -- NOT copies of the same officer, but the same specialization with different abilities -- you get a message that says you can't assign multiples of the same officer.

Please let us assign officers within the same group if they have different special abilities. Armory officers are useful for Tac and Eng abilities, but if you can't equip several of them, you end up having to decide if you want extra chances to expose, more quantum mortars, or a skill effect that does special damage, because you can't put in several Armory Officers. When you have few enough specialties to choose from that are useful anyhow, it gets frustrating fast. How many people are running a Nurse for the tiny healing bonus only because they can't slot another Fabrication Engineer or Armory Officer?
"Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
Captain
# 2
04-14-2014, 07:45 PM
Working as intended. You're supposed to have to choose between them, although having them conflict even when they are separate space/ground is kind of annoying.
Captain
# 3
04-15-2014, 03:29 AM
I agree with doffing, the only thing they need to do is split the ground and space lists so that they are treated as separate entities.
Career Officer
# 4
04-18-2014, 04:54 PM
I think you're supposed to choose one ability, but for ground and space. I agree with the above poster, they should be separated between ground and space doffs, so I can have a RSP doff and a Support Drone doff.
Commander
# 5
04-21-2014, 07:55 AM
I agree with the split off between Ground and Space. I don't think that does fit to the "working as intended". Someone just poorly worked while they implemented this.

Furthermore it is annyoing that there are certain departmants and specializations you can assign more than one, and others you can't.
This is Crypticverse...
Captain
# 6
04-21-2014, 08:03 AM
Maybe they can dedicate some time to this for S9.5..

Right?

Guys?