Lt. Commander
The other day I was doing crystalline entity and some level 2 was in there, you can guess who was dying alot. Most fleet actions no one cares if the stupid level 2 who came inside dies, but as it was explained to me whenever the crystalline enitity hits you with a fragment you get healed.

Then I was playing a lower level toon to try out Eng officer. First there's the deepspace encounters there was some level 16 and a level 12 in the deepsapce encounters for sirius sector block slaughtering everyone elses skill points for kills. Most likely trying to farm skill points rather than actually quest. They werent powerleveling anyone as the two of them were by themselves. Perhaps if you are so high a level above the deep soace encounter you get no points out of it no matter what.

And when I was doing starbase 24 I encountered many instances were there was a person in a t2 ship in there. They were probably gold farmers stealing the loot reward since its based on dps or perhaps it was just some jerk in there to steal it from players of that level to gouge the price in the exchange, Eitherway players of a lower level teir ship have no fair chance to out dps a higher teir ship, please cap the fleet actions to the teir that they're meant for.

Let the goldfarmers flame me away.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Or make brackets for certain lvl ranges. Should work just as well as I don't think Cryptic has the luxery of scraping any content for any level range as is.

Unless one likes the "Patrol ~5 systems, in each patrol ~5 waypoins, at each repair/scan $OBJECT and defeat A. 3 Frigates or B. 1 Cruiser. In that case, then we got bucket loads of content
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 08:56 AM
Agreed. Logged to my LT the other day for some fun in Starbase 24 sitting there waiting for the mission to begin three or four Cmdrs showed up. Three minutes later the mission was done.

Top score was something like 1000 I was about 5th with just over 400, and when the mission ended we we're only on the second objective. Not too sure what exactly happened but I can't imagine this is working as intended.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I hadn't really thought about minimum levels before; I'll ponder this more, but it's probably not a terrible idea, though I hope they'd be fairly liberal in establishing the lower end of the band.

As for higher level? I don't think it should be a hard cap. If a higher level guy wants to play a fleet action with a friend or friends, he should be able to come in and play with them to help out. He should not, however, have any impact on the scoring. There should *definitely* be a maximum level to receive rewards (and the rewards should skip over you in such a case and go to the next guy, rather than just *poof*ing). This solves slumming to farm (for gold-sellers as well as people just interested in farming items for the exchange to increase their personal wealth) and destroying the chance for appropriate levels to compete with each other for rewards without damaging the social aspect of fleet actions.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 09:50 AM
When I got high enough level to try out SB-24 and try to get some upgrades for my ship you can understand my annoyance to see someone winning with 2k damage. I would have come in 2nd or 3rd most of my attempts if that player hadn't been there. Then he would link the item to chat to brag about it. Classy...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 10:09 AM
I agree that after a certain level, you should be skipped over for the end loot. I've only been to starbase 24 so far, but I'm assuming there are other continuous fleet actions out there for high level brackets. It's clearly griefing when you got to a much lower level instance just to steal the best loot, when you can get the same stuff or better from normal loot at your level.

I don't mind higher level players helping out, there just shouldn't be incentive to do it for the wrong reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Don't level cap the missions in the sense of not permitting "inappropriate leveled" avatars in them. Level cap it in the sense of automatically reducing their level to be appropriate for that fleet action.

I want to be able to do any fleet action with my higher level friends and fleet-mates but I do not want them to have an unfair advantage over me or any others in the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 10:15 AM
Well so much for "you cannot grief in STO"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayenn
Don't level cap the missions in the sense of not permitting "inappropriate leveled" avatars in them. Level cap it in the sense of automatically reducing their level to be appropriate for that fleet action.

I want to be able to do any fleet action with my higher level friends and fleet-mates but I do not want them to have an unfair advantage over me or any others in the mission.
I'd like this too. However balancing the higher levels and all their gear/shields/BO's etc. to the appropriate level without gimping them would be difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
With as little content there is to begin with Cryptic is not in the position to cut any content from anyone.

I'm looking forward to going back through some of these missions with a friend that just started last night and getting rewarded for it. So don't be surprised if you see the USS Drala Fi (Tier 3 Cruiser) steam rolling the place sometime this week.