Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I must admit I fly t2 at starbase 24. I don't do it to steal loot and I don't care if I get loot or not. I go to sb24 just to 'pew pew pew'. I would still go to sb24 even if there was no loot incentive.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 09:04 PM
I have no issue if you want to come in and pew pew around if you don't get counted in the loot-dps meter, that sounds fine to me.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Lowbies don't have any fleet action : SB24 is for tier 2 and even tier 3 now.

This is a very smart design because as we know tier 1 is the most exciting part of the game, the Miranda is so fun and the early patrols are so thrilling that those noobs don't deserve to loot anything and to enjoy any competitive PVE.

Hey Cryptic, I've got an idea : make SB24 Admirals only, it would be terrific
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 09:27 PM
Completely disagree with OP.
I mean seriously? Crystaline Entity is like the ONLY fleet action us high-level players have at present, and even at Captain its a damn extreme challenge.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Completely disagree with OP.
I mean seriously? Crystaline Entity is like the ONLY fleet action us high-level players have at present, and even at Captain its a damn extreme challenge.
Then you have one and lowbies should have one too. Bump !
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I agree with OP to a certain extent, I wouldn't mind if there were level caps applied to the loot tables so that after a certain point you simply don't get consideration for loot rolls. I don't care about the loot. Why should I? I go into sb24 more for the sake of taking my ships through shakedown runs to get a feel for how things will operate, in an environment where I generally don't have to worry about having my ass handed to me on a silver platter. If I do a major loadout change, I'll jump into a fleet action instance for one round just to see how things handle.

Totally against the idea of imposing hard caps on entering fleet actions though. Completely breaks the immersion factor (i mean really, a Federation starbase is under siege and StarFleet's only going to send inexperienced lieutenants commanding light cruisers to defend it? THINK ABOUT THIS FOR A MOMENT PEOPLE.)

Also, lowbies might want to consider the fleet action in the regulus sector, as that one's far more enjoyable a grind than sb24. If you're getting your panties in a wad over sb24, you're doing it wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 04:18 PM
oh I can easily come in top 5 in sb24 even with t2+ ships there. I'm not QQ'ing cuz I suck and its not like the blue is all that awesome imo, but someone else would love it, some nice lowbie that it was designed for. Some lowbie who worked his butt off and earned it but got it taken by some bored commander and now wants to sell it to the lowbie who came in second place in dps for some insane price they can't pay unless they buy from a gold seller, assuming a new account. Or its some bot in there blasting away, stealing loot from us, to sell at an insane price, to fuel its gold selling and gold spamming.

SB24 is the first fleet action, its THE lowbie fleet action.

Like I changed my statement to and most people seem to agree with, let them come in, but not count on the loot table unless they are within the rank bracket that the fleet was meant for.

Teired fleet actions might be cool, but might get boring quickly. Leveled up content is not new content. Lvl 80 Ony anyone?