Lt. Commander
# 1 Walk around on bridge
02-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry if this had been asked, but how do we walk around on your ship's bridge. Also, can we have more than one ship and how does this work?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Go to the pull down menu next to the mini-map. Accessible from the small upside-down triangle at the bottom right of the mini-map. You'll see a "Visit the Bridge" menu item. Warning: the bridge is huge -- way out of proportion to your character's size.

You can have quite a few ships. Not sure what the total number is, but I think somewhere around 10. Each time you get a ship you'll still have your old ship. At the Sol Starbase shipyard's section there is a ship selector NPC (he's near the ship customization NPC). Talk to him and he will list all your ships. Select the one you want to use currently. He is also really useful for transferring equipment between your ships, because talking to him is the only place where you'll be able to flip between your ships just like you can flip between your bridge officers to transfer equipment between them.

By the way, in case you didn't know you'll automatically receive a free ship at each level (at least you do at Lt Commander, I haven't hit Commander yet). So you don't have to worry about saving a whole wad of cash to get your tier 2 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Bridge
02-07-2010, 02:00 PM
I am new at this game, obviously, and I just don't get what there's to do on the bridge other than walk around and sit in the captain's chair...

Any idea what there's to do besides this??
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 02:01 PM
nope, thats it =(
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmpowers View Post
I am new at this game, obviously, and I just don't get what there's to do on the bridge other than walk around and sit in the captain's chair...

Any idea what there's to do besides this??
you can invite other captains and have a fleet meeting in space!! or have a dance party to show off your new ship bridge. but that, is about it.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 02:06 PM
That's it for now, anyway. They're saying that it will become more 'functional' at a later date. Here's hoping I can sit in my chair instead of watching sector space
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I think they designed the bridge visiting option to help RP'ers perhaps.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 02:39 PM
The bridges are very cool. My science vessel's "Delta" bridge has a first officers chair that my tactical officer sits in. Very-nice!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Really? How do I get my free ship?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 08:43 PM
you automatically get a free ship of the next tier when you are promoted to the next rank, starting at Lieutenant Commander. Quin will call you into his office when you reach the appropriate rank, once you get there, he will give you another quest, which will explain where to get the ship.