Lt. Commander
# 1 Where are my buddy keys?
02-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Got several friends who want to play, i ordered online dirrectly from Atari but the emails they have sent me do not include any buddy keys and the 'accounts' page has what.. 3 whole lines on it? Practically useless, nothing important listed there except your subscription itself.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Buddy keys were in the Collectors Edition. They were physical cards inside of the box. Pretty sure DDE didnt come with them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 12:31 PM
OH yeah, thats a smart move to bring it new customers... limit how many 10 day trials you give out to collectors edition only....

Great buisness move!

/sarcasm off
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Judging by their current capacity issues, you should be thankful they limited it.

Right now we don't need more people to play the game. When the capacity issues are sorted, we need more people to play the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedrinnar View Post
OH yeah, thats a smart move to bring it new customers... limit how many 10 day trials you give out to collectors edition only....

Great buisness move!

/sarcasm off
umm wut? They always said Collectors Edition came with 3 cards inside the box. They never said DDE would come with them. DDE isnt the Collectors Edition. Theres a $20 price difference between the two
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 12:40 PM
I realise that. However.

Go buy WOW. Buddy keys in standard edition box

EQ1? Buddy keys

Eq2? Buddy Keys.

Eve? Buddy Keys.

Name the 4 most sucessfull MMO's currently?

Give you a hint, i already did. buddy keys attract new players right at the start. I'm much more likely to play an MMO that just came out, when i still have a chance to compete, then after its had a year or two and i'd have to play catchup. I'm also alot less likely to abandon an MMO i've had some fun on via a trial then i am likely to wait several months for a free trial to come out and try it then.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taedrinnar View Post
I realise that. However.

Go buy WOW. Buddy keys in standard edition box

EQ1? Buddy keys

Eq2? Buddy Keys.

Eve? Buddy Keys.

Name the 4 most sucessfull MMO's currently?

Give you a hint, i already did. buddy keys attract new players right at the start. I'm much more likely to play an MMO that just came out, when i still have a chance to compete, then after its had a year or two and i'd have to play catchup. I'm also alot less likely to abandon an MMO i've had some fun on via a trial then i am likely to wait several months for a free trial to come out and try it then.
wow didnt come with buddy keys. EQ2 didnt come with buddy keys (they might now though, but they didnt when they launched)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 12:44 PM
I'm also much more likely to buy and play an MMO that i know i can bring several friends with me, in the form of buddy keys.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow did not have buddy keys at launch. In fact Ive been playing MMORPGS since 1998 and I have never seen free trial codes at launch in any game. They usually start doing that at least a few months after launch.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 12:45 PM
Wow dosn't come with buddy keys? i'm holding two WOW buddy key cards in my hand atm.

Eq2 dosn't have buddy keys in hard format, but anyone with an active account can send up to 5 buddy passes a month to any email address. So no, its not 'in the package' but its not restricted to only C/Es either.