Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Captain
In the "Kits" tab of the embassy store, the tooltip for "Romulan Engineering Kit Mk XII" still says that it comes with "Burst Turret Fabrication IV".

Romulan Engineering Kit Mk XII
Burst Turret Fabrication IV
Create Energy Turret
Creates a level 60 Burst Turret for 180 sec
Long-Range Attack: 18.7 Damage x4 (22 DPS)

Tribble ticket ID #44,893
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-19-2014, 07:20 AM
I believe that's actually correct.

Turrets I-III are created by the boff skills I-III respectively.

A Turret IV is not a Mk IV turret, and is only created by player captains, and I think only at high level, but I dunno where the cutoff is. Perhaps Mk X or higher kits.

It's even like that on Holodeck; I just dunno if it ever actually calls out the fact that it's a Turret IV.

(Obviously, it's not a Mk IV as in Lt Cmdr level, but as in skill level IV.)
Career Officer
# 3
04-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adwynyth View Post
I believe that's actually correct.

Turrets I-III are created by the boff skills I-III respectively.

A Turret IV is not a Mk IV turret, and is only created by player captains, and I think only at high level, but I dunno where the cutoff is. Perhaps Mk X or higher kits.

It's even like that on Holodeck; I just dunno if it ever actually calls out the fact that it's a Turret IV.

(Obviously, it's not a Mk IV as in Lt Cmdr level, but as in skill level IV.)
I think the report is more about the fact that the kits aren't supposed to come with any modules now. The modules are meant to be separate.
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-19-2014, 08:30 AM
No they said they would have 2 versions for sale, one with the module and then the module for sale on its own.
Career Officer
# 5
04-19-2014, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessmuta View Post
No they said they would have 2 versions for sale, one with the module and then the module for sale on its own.
Where did they say that? So far I've only seen them confirm that fleet kits wont come with a module now. That's how all of the Spire kits work.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=15
Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since Beta.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs.
Take one down, patch it around.
127 little bugs in the code...
Captain
# 6
04-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknessmuta View Post
Before the Tribble patch on 4/15/2014, trade-ins came with 5 modules, and regular versions came with 1 module. After the Tribble patch on 4/15/2014, trade-ins come with 5 modules, and regular versions come with no modules; the modules are sold separately. "Romulan Engineering Kit Mk XII" seems to be an exception; I think they forgot to update it with the patch.
Career Officer
# 7
04-19-2014, 10:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khamseenair View Post
Where did they say that? So far I've only seen them confirm that fleet kits wont come with a module now. That's how all of the Spire kits work.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=15
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
In the "Kits" tab of the embassy store, the tooltip for "Romulan Engineering Kit Mk XII" still says that it comes with "Burst Turret Fabrication IV".

Romulan Engineering Kit Mk XII
Burst Turret Fabrication IV
Create Energy Turret
Creates a level 60 Burst Turret for 180 sec
Long-Range Attack: 18.7 Damage x4 (22 DPS)

Tribble ticket ID #44,893
That's definetley a mistake that the kit has the Burst Turret. To clarify on being given modules for kits, this only occurs if you Trade-In the old versions of the fleet kits for the upgraded versions using the Trade-in tab at the appropriate fleet store. The kit frames, if bought straight-up are bare. You do still need to buy the Ultra Mk 12 module either way, for the modules given in the Trade-In kit are Blue Quality Mark 11 including the power that should be Ultra Mk 12 with the exception of the 5th power that is given in Green Quality Mark 9. From what I've seen, Blue Quality Mark 11 is similar effectiveness as Level 3 in the old powers, and Green Quality Mark 9 is as strong as a level 2 power.

EDIT: It should also be noted that according to the tooltip I had, the Flamethrower turret is actually Turret Level 5.

Last edited by captainmd10; 04-19-2014 at 10:19 AM.
Captain
# 8
04-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainmd10 View Post
You do still need to buy the Ultra Mk 12 module either way, for the modules given in the Trade-In kit are Blue Quality Mark 11 including the power that should be Ultra Mk 12 with the exception of the 5th power that is given in Green Quality Mark 9.
There are errors in the quality of the modules that come with the trade-in kits. See this post.
Career Officer
# 9
04-19-2014, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
There are errors in the quality of the modules that come with the trade-in kits. See this post.
Ah, thanks. I didn't notice that before.
Ensign
# 10
04-25-2014, 04:50 AM
Also worth noting that the Burst turret created by burst turret 4 does less damage than an old burst turret 3, even with the bonus to turret skill on the romulan 12 kit.