Lt. Commander
I've heard people say that scramble sensors effects your auto-targeting and tab-targeting, causing you to attack allies and heal enemies, but this is negated by simply clicking on the ship you wish to target. My experience when effected by this skill has been that if I click an enemy ship to attack and press the "fire all phasers" button, it may strike the target with one or two phasers, but then it switches targets and finishes the volley on an ally. Is there some aspect of the work-around which I am missing? As it stands, I do more harm than good when effected by scramble sensors, despite my click-targeting.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugarte View Post
I've heard people say that scramble sensors effects your auto-targeting and tab-targeting, causing you to attack allies and heal enemies, but this is negated by simply clicking on the ship you wish to target. My experience when effected by this skill has been that if I click an enemy ship to attack and press the "fire all phasers" button, it may strike the target with one or two phasers, but then it switches targets and finishes the volley on an ally. Is there some aspect of the work-around which I am missing? As it stands, I do more harm than good when effected by scramble sensors, despite my click-targeting.
Scramble sensors does exactly what its designed, you can pre select a target but that doesnt mean your attack/assist will land on that target all the time ( at least in my experience ).

Things you need to have turned off is auto target on attack , auto assist on attack etc etc. All auto targeting Options are BAD in PvP. Auto attack hostile target = BAD. You need complete manual control of your ship or you will be more adversely affected by scramble sensors.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Also attempt to use Sci Team on yourself it will (provided you don't target others through the above^^)
Clear the debuff....

Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 03:35 AM
Thank you thank you, I will disable the auto-targeting next time I'm in game. It's these reasons why I still have Scramble Sensors I as an ability of my own. In the past, I had tried to use science team on myself and ended up healing an enemy, especially great when I would drop Sci Team 3 on them >.>
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugarte View Post
Thank you thank you, I will disable the auto-targeting next time I'm in game. It's these reasons why I still have Scramble Sensors I as an ability of my own. In the past, I had tried to use science team on myself and ended up healing an enemy, especially great when I would drop Sci Team 3 on them >.>
If you see the hostile green burst you still have about 1/4 of a second or so to pre-load sci team to counter it as well.

Za'Rex