Lt. Commander
# 1 a load more n00b questions :)
02-07-2010, 12:38 PM
How do you get 2nd or 3rd Order Exploration Coins?

I haven't quite figured out what consoles do. I was told that I would need a Lt level console for an officer to use their Lt ability? Is that the extent of it?

I am a Lt Cmdr and I have 2 Science Officers, 2 tactical and 1 engineering and I cannot seem to get 4 officers in to an away team. I keep trying to replace security but it just replaces the third on the list. Why is this?

When I went to requisitions after hitting Lt Cmdr, the npc (Ensign Lessa) didn't sell Mk 3 or 4 stuff. Where can I get some from?

Cheers guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde7
There are different exploration clusters for different player levels. The Delta Volanis and Arucanis are for Lieutenants and only earn 1st Order Exploration Badges. The Hromi and Khazan Clusters are for Lt Commanders and will earn you 2nd Order Badges.

Quote:
I haven't quite figured out what consoles do. I was told that I would need a Lt level console for an officer to use their Lt ability? Is that the extent of it?
That's essentially correct. But I believe that the correct term is Station. The Consoles are those slots that you can put equipment in. Stations are where you assign officers.

Quote:
I am a Lt Cmdr and I have 2 Science Officers, 2 tactical and 1 engineering and I cannot seem to get 4 officers in to an away team. I keep trying to replace security but it just replaces the third on the list. Why is this?
I've personally never been able to get a Security officer once I got four Bridge Officers. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or it's bugged. If you miss the Red Shirts and are a Tactical Captain you'll gain the ability to call in Red Shirts as your Ground Skill somewhere around level 35.

Quote:
When I went to requisitions after hitting Lt Cmdr, the npc (Ensign Lessa) didn't sell Mk 3 or 4 stuff. Where can I get some from?
You need to go to Starbase 39 in the Sierra planetary system Sierra Sector, Alpha Centauri Sector Block. They sell Mk III (and a few Mk IV) items for Energy Credits.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 12:59 PM
Quote:

Cheers guys.

higher exsploreation zones provide higher exploration zones, so the are east of southern regulas sector has an area to its north that will provide second order coins

Consols are ship modules that provide bonus' to the ship.
Bridge officers available are based on the ship you fly, and although it is said that they are 'manning hte consols' this is static and uneffected by items. (IE: the t2 ships will allow 1 ensign of all three clases as well as a Lt of the shipclass)

Im unsure, have you gone to the assignment tab of your charetcer window and at the bottem changed the away team to the officers you want?

Not sure on the items i dont buy much from vendors, but there should be higher level vendors next to her, and some vendors sell higher level items if you scroll to the bottem of their lists
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejin
There are different exploration clusters for different player levels. The Delta Volanis and Arucanis are for Lieutenants and only earn 1st Order Exploration Badges. The Hromi and Khazan Clusters are for Lt Commanders and will earn you 2nd Order Badges.

That's essentially correct. But I believe that the correct term is Station. The Consoles are those slots that you can put equipment in. Stations are where you assign officers.

I've personally never been able to get a Security officer once I got four Bridge Officers. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or it's bugged. If you miss the Red Shirts and are a Tactical Captain you'll gain the ability to call in Red Shirts as your Ground Skill somewhere around level 35.

You need to go to Starbase 39 in the Sierra planetary system Sierra Sector, Alpha Centauri Sector Block. They sell Mk III (and a few Mk IV) items for Energy Credits.

Thanks for the reply and answers a lot of my questions. I've managed to sort the away team assignments when I went on my first away team after I'd gotten the extra officers. I was trying to swap them out in the Ship/BO window.

Who can I get 2nd Order Exploration quests off? I'm now Lt Cmdr and am having to repeat a couple to get some 1st Order Exploration Coins to buy a few things.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Who can I get 2nd Order Exploration quests off? I'm now Lt Cmdr and am having to repeat a couple to get some 1st Order Exploration Coins to buy a few things.
As with the earlier explorations missions, when you reach a certain grade, the admiral will offer you a 'to boldly go' mission for the Hromi Cluster, after which you'll be able to repeat it by contacting Lt Grall.

If I remember right, Hromi (the first one to offer 2nd Order badges) is Lt Commander-4.