Career Officer
# 31
04-21-2014, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Personally, I don't want to reuse it for anything. I think it's a terrible layout, and doesn't match up to anything in the game (even ESD).

It would be some effort to adapt it for K7's use, and I'd rather use that time to just build something new for K7.
How about reusing it for Starbase 39?
~My current ship and build~
Rihannsu
# 32
04-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
Good thing this thread isnt proposing a change to SB 39 then
You're missing the point. One of your gripes about K7 is that the exchange is in the Shipyard area. SB39 is setup the same way, only more so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
The biggest drawback of SB39 is that there's simply nothing interesting out there.
Agreed, that and it's really close to ESD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
The main issue with SB39's layout is that it's a giant squiggle and you have to run to the far end for bank/mail/etc... if they changed that it'd be GREAT!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Survivor of Romulus
# 33
04-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Personally, I don't want to reuse it for anything. I think it's a terrible layout, and doesn't match up to anything in the game (even ESD).

It would be some effort to adapt it for K7's use, and I'd rather use that time to just build something new for K7.
Starbase 47 then? Use the Mushroom starbase exterior with the Second ESD interior and boom... you get to show your cryptic stuff as it developed over time.... failing that.... Enterprise Maco outfits please

Rihannsu
# 34
04-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Starbase 47 then? Use the Mushroom starbase exterior with the Second ESD interior and boom... you get to show your cryptic stuff as it developed over time.... failing that.... Enterprise Maco outfits please
wouldn't that be on the edge of Beta Ursae or something?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 35
04-21-2014, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
You're missing the point. One of your gripes about K7 is that the exchange is in the Shipyard area. SB39 is setup the same way, only more so.!
No you're missing the point. SB39 has everything in one general area, which makes it simple and transparent. Having the shipyard and the bank and the hypo vendor within yelling distance of each other is not the issue at all. On the other hand, K-7 is very spread out, and the bank/exchange are neither marked nor where you expect them to be (shipyard being the absolute last place). That is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeemike View Post
That's actually a pretty good fit. Very few changes required
Career Officer
# 36
04-21-2014, 12:11 PM
I'd use new textures & assets from the new ESD like the consoles and chairs... if we reuse the old ESD interior for Starbase 39
~My current ship and build~
Captain
# 37
04-22-2014, 02:30 PM
im not sure about using that for K-7 since the ESD zone's outer walls were curved like the mid-section dome, while on K-7 the 4 area's with any windows are all cones.
Career Officer
# 38
04-23-2014, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Ew no. TOS K-7 or go home.
or as we have seen an Updated version of the old K-7 interior. Maybe even have a Kirk museum in it.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Captain
# 39
04-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captw View Post
or as we have seen an Updated version of the old K-7 interior. Maybe even have a Kirk museum in it.
I still want something closer to the TOS K-7. (It would be nice to have it be the right size too.)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg