Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 02:37 PM
Two things that everyone should know:

A) Yuri is awesome.
B) Saying bad things about Yuri makes the entire forum community despise you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telaura View Post
Two things that everyone should know:

A) Yuri is awesome.
B) Saying bad things about Yuri makes the entire forum community despise you.
While I'm narcissistic enough to think that I am pretty awesome, I usually only say it jokingly.

>_> Though, this certainly brightened my day. Realistically, I'm just a mostly useful troll. D:
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!

Beautifully put, hahaha...

And today is my first que... But that was after falling into an exhausted sleep at 8 am when I realized the server wouldn't be back up soon for the Maintenance... I just woke up (5:30 pm )

And beware the traders! They're a trap!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter_Sogeking
Beautifully put, hahaha...

And today is my first que... But that was after falling into an exhausted sleep at 8 am when I realized the server wouldn't be back up soon for the Maintenance... I just woke up (5:30 pm )

And beware the traders! They're a trap!
I thought they were Ferengi?

After having actually read all of the referred to and official Rules of Acquisition, I don't trust ANY of them!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!
You what annoys me.

People defending companies they dont work for.

AKA Fanbois.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap.Canuck
so this is what seems to be normal

I log in wait in a 20min Q head to my quest, Finish it then when zoneing back to space i get server timed out booted Then back in a 20min Q (this is making me not want to pay for this game at all)

this is happining a lot and to almost everyone that playes. If this keeps going on for much longer im sure STO will be in the bargen bin very soon

I love the game just wish it was worth paying for and its not if this keep going on for much longer !
Yeah, I only get client crashes on the weekends when there's a queue. Makes me think I'm being kicked somehow to let other people in to play.

I played all last week M-F after work (when the servers weren't down) and I had no issues, no queues.

Come Saturday, the client crashed 4 times in 3 hours yesterday afternoon, the 1st time I was able to get back in, the next 3 I had to wait, by the 4th time I quit and played Call of Duty to pass the time.

They said this weekend they'd be adding capactity...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 04:04 PM
I only get to play an hour or two a day but I have yet to experience a queue or be kicked off the server. I guess I'm just lucky that way.

Thus far my experience has been that when people complain about being kicked or about the queue that there are major issues going on with the game servers. It's almost always something beyond "WTF! I'm in a queue!" so try to keep that in mind. Yes, it sucks. But there are greater issues at hand then you sitting in a queue and once those issues are dealt with you won't have to sit in a queue anymore.

It's like -- complaining about the symptom when the disease is the real problem (complaining about the rats while you die of the plague).
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfusion View Post
You what annoys me.

People defending companies they dont work for.

AKA Fanbois.
Is it being a fan in this instance, or genuinely being annoyed by seeing multiple posts stating the same stuff?

The world may never know.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Is it being a fan in this instance, or genuinely being annoyed by seeing multiple posts stating the same stuff?

The world may never know.
Theres a simple fix for this. Cryptic knows what the problem is and they know how to fix it and yet they don't. Promised increased server capacity this weekend and where is it?

There is no defense for their behavior,
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightspeedy2k
Theres a simple fix for this. Cryptic knows what the problem is and they know how to fix it and yet they don't. Promised increased server capacity this weekend and where is it?
You can give them all the servers in the world and it won't do them any good if they aren't plugged in.

Let's assume, just for a moment, that their's a larger issue at hand here. Cryptic wants us playing (and spending our Cryptic points and buying subscriptions) just as much as we want to be playing. If we don't play this crazy thing happens -- they don't make any money. It's in their best interests to have the servers working at peak efficiency and, eventually, we'll get there.

We just aren't there yet.