Lt. Commander
# 21 Still annoyed
02-07-2010, 06:13 PM
well now i have had to do the same mission 3 times and its a damn long one just because i have to port back to my ship at the end and i keep geting booted right there. Must say this is so much fun iv seen more stable servers on free games
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldfusion View Post
You what annoys me.

People defending companies they dont work for.

AKA Fanbois.
I know this may have seemed cool to post in the moment and all, but it wasn't. Why? Because you couldn't comprehend Yuri's point enough to even realise s/he wasn't defending Cryptic at all.

When you practice reading comprehension, your comments may become more useful.

And yes, I am defending Yuri. I don't work for her/him. Guess that makes me a fanboi. Hopefully you're annoyed.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!
Yet you humor him by reading and replying lol
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
I'll defend Illurium.

We're soulmates.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bapaveza View Post
You can give them all the servers in the world and it won't do them any good if they aren't plugged in.

Let's assume, just for a moment, that their's a larger issue at hand here. Cryptic wants us playing (and spending our Cryptic points and buying subscriptions) just as much as we want to be playing. If we don't play this crazy thing happens -- they don't make any money. It's in their best interests to have the servers working at peak efficiency and, eventually, we'll get there.

We just aren't there yet.
Another thing, isn't the server farm on the East coast? You know, the East coast that just got hit by a major snowstorm that's pretty much frozen the center of the east coast? A week after ANOTHER major snowstorm all but paralyzed the lower part of the central east coast states? Not saying that people unable to get to work and materials unable to be delivered because of icy roads is the problem, but it could be.

When did stating facts, by the way, become 'fanbois' defending a company? Sheesh, some of ya'll act as if any post that isn't dripping with utter hatred for the EEEEeeeeeeEEEEvilllll Cryptic and their horrible POS game that 3rd graders at nap time could have made better is FANBOIIIIIS!!!!! I can only assume you do that because you lack the cognitive ability to actually create, and sustain, a factual, civil discussion explaining your point of view.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Kamui, darling, every time I see your signature I want to serenade you with, "There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move..."
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
Bah, it's a line from Roseanne Cash's song, "September when it comes", sung by her father Johnny Cash. Good line for someone at the end of his road.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-08-2010, 03:00 AM
got to love the Forum Trolls
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-08-2010, 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YuriFoxfirega
Yanno what annoys me?

How every day we have more people making threads complaining about this issue, thinking that THEIR rant is a unique and beautiful snowflake when they could either A) realize many people are complaining about it and Cryptic probably already knows (PROTIP: They do) about the issue, or B) add in their thoughts to the thread of their choice already in progress.

We know. We knew three days ago. >( Stop clutterin' the board!
People like the OP are paying customers and have every right in the world to complain about a product and service that isn't working to their satisfaction. Having people vent their frustration on the forum is infinately better than having them get so ****ed off that they cancel their subscription. So stop complaining and trolling every time someone vents their frustration and allow them to get it out of their system before STO ends up dead because of a lack of customers.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-08-2010, 03:31 AM
If you happen to be in a queue just abort and login back. After a few approaches you should skip the queue all along.

Seems to be a buggy / "fake" queue. I and my Friends been able to SKIP 1000+ People queues this way at the weekend. While one of us stayed in the queue all the way. (giving up after a half hour of zero advancement).

As for the random DC'ing, well can't be helped now, just plain deliberate incapacity of the Server side computing center network / bad routes it all stacks up.

Spread the Word, enjoy the game.