Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
**** made top 5 worst MMO launches ever because of it's insane q least our Q can time travel.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Thus far I've only experienced a queue when multiple game servers were out of service. This says to me that they did anticipate demand but, when something goes wrong, they have troubles until it's fixed -- like every one else in the world.

Point being, if you experience a queue it's safe to assume that there is something going on beyond "WTF! I'm in a queue!"

That being said, Cryptic must impliment some kind of system so that the folks who had a recently active session (those that were booted) don't have to wait at the back of the queue to get back in. This is just good manners.

The overall up-time has been far superior over what was experienced in Open Beta and Head Start. I've been very pleasantly surprised by the server stability since launch and expect it will only get better with time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 04:34 PM
LIfe must be pretty good in mom's basement to be complaining over a video game.

You think all the people at Cryptic are sitting around a table, and having an evil villain laugh at login queues?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 04:39 PM
all mmos have the same issue. it's not a good business practice to prepare a million copies then have a server that hold million people. and only get 400k people playing. it's waste of money in the long run. even with the amount of fans .. not all copies are sold immediately some are put in storage.. others may stay on the shelfs for a while. not everyone get it at the same time. people will buy it as it goes along the next few weeks.

it's better to start with a smaller prediction then get servers as you go along. that way once the hype dies down we have a stable server to hold everyone without issues and we didn't waste anything.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
WoW was blizzards first attempt at an mmo so yeah they had a whole lot of problems. but this is cryptics first dance so they have no excuse. and other cryptic mmo's have seperate servers that have server capacities noted so you can select a server with mid to low player amounts. so why cant they do the same for this game?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Demand has exceed supply this is a good thing for cryptic ...provide they increase supply soonish
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I'd think it obvious that they'll have server capacity lower than they need at launch. They can always add servers but if they start with too big a capacity they'll have wasted money.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakrok View Post
so what your saying is star trek has a huge following but yet no one at cryptic could pull their head out and make it so all the HUGE fan base could actually log on to play ?

that is such a weak argument, cryptic ripped us off with a way too early launch, they flat out weren't prepared, not a paying customers fault.........................

and first impressions are the lasting ones, if peeps think this game sux because they attemp to log on during launch week, then they is no help for it. Dooooooooommmmmm
Tell us Blakrok, since you know so much more then Cryptic about the numbers of people logging in, how many people should they have expected? Please don't say, "A lot!". I want an actual number. Then tell us what you would have done had twice that number showed up.

None of us know what Cryptic was thinking. It's obvious they woefully underestimated the numbers of folks logging in. However, COULD they have estimated correctly? Heck, estimation is a crap shoot; Not even Miss Cleo knew how many cops were going to kick in her door.