Lt. Commander
# 1 Good game
02-07-2010, 03:14 PM
STO is a great game, but if it does go down, I blame all the WoW WotLK players who don't know frak all about a good MMO.

Anyway...

STo is good, but its still young, of course there will be bugs, even WoW had bugs when it started, so give her time to develop. I really do hope Cryptic make STO into a great game.

*NOTE TO ALL WOW PLAYERS WHO PLAY AND READ THIS: DON'T YOU FRAKING DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL THE THINGS THIS GAME NEEDS BECAUSE WOW HAS IT.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Yeah, I can agree. Definitely a welcome change from another digital whack-a-mole Tolkien rip-off. In most of those games you stand across from your enemy hitting 1-9 until they or you drop. Flying loops around other ships pounding them with phasers is definitely a lot more fun than WoW or EVE combat.

I never understood that mentality anyway:

OH it be a rpg game, it must be like Middle-Earth otherwise it not be rpg hurm hurm hurm.

At least LOTRO is the original material, not a rip-off.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I agree it is a good game. As for the wow nerds who came here. They are not the full blaim. The blaim would go to development. It's up to them to make this game. Provide great content. I wonder if this game will be like EQ1 where they were always playing catch up with the end game content. The succes of this game depends on the ability of the devs to hook players. No matter where or what game you play, the complaints are always the same. The crying never stops. So Devs...It's up to you.

Also, People are already maxing out their lvls. That's not good. The idea of always having to build your toon is most of the addiction. The other issue i am worried about is expanstions. How can you rank up if you are already an admiral. They limited the ranks right from the start. We weill see though.

So go ahead and blaim WoW nerds, but I don't beleive it will be the reason this game fails.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 03:30 PM
gg

Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I think STO is a good START.

It has the potential to become a good GAME.

Time will tell.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_Karred View Post
STO is a great game, but if it does go down, I blame all the WoW WotLK players who don't know frak all about a good MMO.

Anyway...

STo is good, but its still young, of course there will be bugs, even WoW had bugs when it started, so give her time to develop. I really do hope Cryptic make STO into a great game.

*NOTE TO ALL WOW PLAYERS WHO PLAY AND READ THIS: DON'T YOU FRAKING DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL THE THINGS THIS GAME NEEDS BECAUSE WOW HAS IT.
Oh my! What an authoritative command. I will be sure not to "DARE!!!!" to make any suggestions. After all, suggestions based on past and current MMO's dont serve in anyway to further the development of a game. I happen to be one of the few who acknowledge both WOW and STO as great games, i play them both. There are elements are both which i would love to see transferred, and if that happened I would be thrilled. But it is obvious that you hate every single aspect of WOW, and nothing within that game could even slightly improve gameplay in STO, and every aspect of STO is superior to any aspect WOW....so with that in mind DONT ANYONE DARE MAKE ANY SUGGESTIONS BASED ON PREVIOUS MMO EXPERIENCE!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 09:47 PM
I heard a rumor that SWG downfall came because the devs listened to all the whiny WoW kids and decided to make SWG more like WoW.

I would hope Cryptic is smart enough to not follow that same path. This game has the potential to be a great non-fantasy MMO. We need more internet spaceship games. And preferably ones that are not boring like EVE.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:

Anyway...

get to admiral then post this again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
I sort of agree with the OP. Some features i have seen asked for do not belong here maybe, but you would be a moron if you did not learn something from Blizzard. They are good because they have done things right, so you got to give them some credit, and look at why WoW is successful and learn from that. All great things in the world has come from a method like this, one person made a boat, the next a boat with a sail, the sail dude did not reinvent the boat, he only added to it to make it better.

To say you cannot learn from previous MMO's is kinda like seeing your father get his hand chopped off in the blender, and then go and do it yourself because you did not learn from your fathers mistakes.

I play both games, and i wish we could fight on mounts in wow, like you fly the ships in this game, it would be awesome.... Also i wish you could have a mail system like WoW to send at least some lower level drops to your alts, so you can make a super ship without the grinding if you so wanted.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Quote:

Anyway...

Fool. To assume everyone who compares this game to WOW is a diehard WOW player is foolish, and shows ignorance, also that you lack the intellect to dispute anything they've said with solid facts.

WOW, StarWars Galaxies, EVE Online, even City of Heroes, which this game is based off of, are all far superior games for many reasons. But those with tiny intellect will never comprehend or understand any logical discussion on the topic. Fraking Lemming is what you are. lol