Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunofVich View Post
I heard a rumor that SWG downfall came because the devs listened to all the whiny WoW kids and decided to make SWG more like WoW.

I would hope Cryptic is smart enough to not follow that same path. This game has the potential to be a great non-fantasy MMO. We need more internet spaceship games. And preferably ones that are not boring like EVE.
FACT is, StarWars Galaxies thrived, and did better BECAUSE of the NewGameEnhancements. Yes many players left and threw a hissy fit, because so much changed, BUT the most part is was all change for the best, because it opened up accessability to far more players, and more players joined to play, because of the NGE. Can't believe all you read online. The idiots who left in a hissy fit, are the ones who you find STILL online today crying about the NGE, but left 4+ years ago, and never came back to experience how much a better game it ended up being overall.

HAD NGE never occured, SWG wouldn't be in its' 6th year atm. SWG didn't have a "downfall", it's still going well. They did merge and then shut down a bunch of dead servers a while back, so no there's not as many players as there was in its prime, but fact remains, its prime was ABOUT the time of the NGE, when they made it accessable for all.

I also bet there's more active SWG players at present than there are StarTrek Online ones.

After 5+ years myself I'm bored with it, but it's still a far superior game than STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
I think STO is a good START.

It has the potential to become a good GAME.

Time will tell.
I wish they made it a good game before they boxed it and sold it Wal-Mart for $60 bucks. Yesh
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HondoXP
I wish they made it a good game before they boxed it and sold it Wal-Mart for $60 bucks. Yesh
Whoah $60?

It's only $50 anywhere else, you got screwed bro.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-07-2010, 09:23 PM
In a perfect world...the World of Star Trek. I would engage in glorious aerial battle, then beam down to terrains of WOW-ish proportions, teeming with depth, lifeforms, and variety....to do battle with my Druid lol. And i would get to customize the inside of my ship...Sims style.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
In a perfect world...the World of Star Trek. I would engage in glorious aerial battle, then beam down to terrains of WOW-ish proportions, teeming with depth, lifeforms, and variety....to do battle with my Druid lol. And i would get to customize the inside of my ship...Sims style.
This world exists, it's called StarWars Galaxies. Sandbox worlds, space and ground are different games, but you can decorate your ship interiors as you desire, own houses even on ground and do the same, man different stations on board the ship with friends (0ps, gunns, pilot), and land where you like.

This game has been around since 2003. lol

This is why it's soooo hard to stomach StarTrek Online and ALL that it totally lacks!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Note to self: Buy StarWars Galaxies immediately
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-07-2010, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorX70
This world exists, it's called StarWars Galaxies. Sandbox worlds, space and ground are different games, but you can decorate your ship interiors as you desire, own houses even on ground and do the same, man different stations on board the ship with friends (0ps, gunns, pilot), and land where you like.

This game has been around since 2003. lol

This is why it's soooo hard to stomach StarTrek Online and ALL that it totally lacks!
Well then do not play it.

Why can you not let the people that do enjoy the game do just that, enjoy the game. No one is forcing you to enjoy it, or play it for that matter.

I do understand your point here, but come on, let the people that do enjoy it do just that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-07-2010, 09:58 PM
I enjoy the game as well, i think constructive criticism is always good. I think the next generation of Dev's will benefit from the comparisons we make, and the shortcomings we find. Forum venting only further fuels the passion that people feel for MMO's. Its good to increase perspective, and hear the thoughts of others. I've gotten schooled several times and learned from it, and changed my opinion. But Two Things: 1) most of the people that rant, truly do enjoy the game, so much so that they spend time speaking of its shortcomings with the hopes that the pleas will pay off, other wise they wouldn't waste their time. And 2) I dont think us speaking our opinion of the game is keeping people from enjoying the game, you don't have to read all the threads.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon_Karred View Post
STO is a great game, but if it does go down, I blame all the WoW WotLK players who don't know frak all about a good MMO.

Anyway...

STo is good, but its still young, of course there will be bugs, even WoW had bugs when it started, so give her time to develop. I really do hope Cryptic make STO into a great game.

*NOTE TO ALL WOW PLAYERS WHO PLAY AND READ THIS: DON'T YOU FRAKING DARE COMPLAIN ABOUT ALL THE THINGS THIS GAME NEEDS BECAUSE WOW HAS IT.
Yadda. yadda... if Cryptic hadn't used the Star Trek IP most of the ranters would have just left without leaving any note.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Ok, to further clarify my opinion for those who took my words negatively/ out of meaning/ too stupid to think about it:


Yes, WoW is an ok game, and yes there are things that could be implemented in to STO from WoW that could probably make it better. However, to assume that I think all WoW players are diehard WoW players is misinterpreting my words at the level of a 5 year old. I am saying that WoW players (most WotLK players specifically, because most of them don't apparently know how to even play WoW for the most part) who complain about STO or compare it negatively because of a few things that WoW has that STO doesn't, ultimatly probably bringing STo's downfall due to negative feedback. And I used to be a WoW player myself, until about a month or so after WotLK came out, then I quit due to a mass of little kids and noobs playing as Death Knights, and not learning about the game from level 1 like Original and BC players in WoW.

My comments are mostly directed at most of the WoW WotLK players who think that WoW is the greatest, and come over here just so they can find something to complain about. I don't want this game to go down just because of those idiots. Also, WotLK killed WoW

BTW:

You can't compare STO to WoW. It is like comparing apples and oranges.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.