Rihannsu
# 21
04-22-2014, 03:36 PM
That looks like Half Resolution is on for some reason. If you can find the option in the new graphics settings, see if it's been turned on by the new defaulting feature.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
Someone helped me, go to options->Display and set the resolution scale to 1. That fixes the pixel vision problem.
Yes, it did; thank you. I felt like a bit of an idiot for not noticing that slider before. Now I can enjoy the new material in comfort.
Captain
# 23
04-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfirefly00 View Post
Yes, it did; thank you. I felt like a bit of an idiot for not noticing that slider before. Now I can enjoy the new material in comfort.
Well, since it is not a common option in a lot of games, if you never saw it its easy to not be able to notice it.

It happened to me the first time i played champions online, i had the half resolution activated (this was 5 years ago..) and i was about to stop playing when i saw that option lol.

What i dont understand is why cryptic made that option as a default... well, watever..
Captain
# 24
04-22-2014, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
This is an essential procedure..

I dont have so bad quality problems, BUT, the graphics are not the same. My problem is, the screen is so shiny that i cant play. My eyes hurt a lot. If i deactivate the postprocessing, it improves and now it doesnt hurt my eyes, but the lose of illumination and quality increases. So, what the hell did you do cryptic?? why cant you just let the things as before, they worked right?? why the hell you need to touch the graphic options??. Sigh.

I also play with all the settings maxed. In fact, the same settings i had before the patch. I dont get it.
Turn post processing back on but go and turn down Bloom Intensity in Advanced options, that's the one that controls "glare" in the game, I have mine set to 30%, 100% is way too much for my eyes.
I don't know why they needed to divide the settings up into 3 pages and then have it arranged so that related controls are on different pages.
How is making it more complicated to use the settings an improvement?
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Ensign
# 25 dear Gm's of Sto
04-22-2014, 06:30 PM
The graphics of seasn 8 were pretty good actually in fact it was pretty awesome. However when season 9 was released the graphics became utter crap please fix this issue soon.

p.s. Yes I have tried fixing the graphics setting in all possible manner and yes my graphics card is up to date.
Ensign
# 26
04-22-2014, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Someone helped me, go to options->Display and set the resolution scale to 1. That fixes the pixel vision problem.
I have been meaning to ask, what is the '/' command line for resolution scale? To be more specific, what do you write in the chat box when typing? /resolution scale? /resscale? What is the command line to render the resolution scale effective for your graphics?
Career Officer
# 27
04-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelmsford123 View Post
Same problem here, though judging by the number of comments in here it seems it may be an unlucky few ... ?

Maxed everything and restarted. No better.
Also logged in and found everything watered down graphics wise. Maxed all the settings and started over like this guy, but its only slightly better, the world still looks low res. Are they testing a new shader? If so revert to the publish 8 shader it looked far superior.

Strafae-
Commander
# 28
04-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Yea I tried Dx9 and 11, both look like crap. Brand new ESD but unfortunately it looks worse than the old one.
Career Officer
# 29 30189532
04-22-2014, 08:26 PM
30189532 is my error ticket number.
When is this gonna fixed?
Lieutenant
# 30 Trouble on Tribble
04-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Quote:
I've been complaining for more than a month now that the graphics in Tribble looked horrible, and no amount of sliding left or right fixed them. The devs ignored the complaints and let the season go live. Now I have to play a game hose graphics look horrible compared to season 8.
I heard that they also had the joystick problem on tribble and did not fix it. I also noticed that there is no mention of fixing it in the patch tomorrow.

It this true, did they ignore the problem with the joysticks on tribble as well? Is this si=omething that they will never fix?