Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Career Officer
# 121
05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
It's been said in the thread already that re-installing isn't a fix for a lot of people. There's a few including myself who have done it and a lot of us are running decent if not high end rigs.

S9 came along and carried with it a whole slew of issues unfortunately. Where the simple stuff works for people, it's great. It's just the rest of us. :/
Sorry if I missed that, in that case ye not much can be done in your case(s) but to continually give feedback after each patch. :|
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Ensign
# 122
05-02-2014, 05:22 PM
S9 is giving me major lag on pve even with no undine rifts. I have everything set on medium
It worked fine on medium to high before s9.

Geforce GT 630 dedicated vram 1 gb total available vram 3 gb
Career Officer
# 123
05-02-2014, 06:11 PM
Perhaps this has already been shared:

If any of you run dual monitors... Open task manager and MSI Afterburner or a similar GPU monitor on the second monitor so you can watch the graphs. Go into the Undine BZ, kill all three planet killers, and engage the Voth.

You will find like we all do, that with each wave, FPS drops to single digits. If you look at your task manager and your GPU monitor, you will see CPU usage and GPU usage drop during each wave. The graphs will show the troughs as you battle each wave. This is just another testimonial that it's an engine/game issue. The more stuff on screen, the worse it gets. I think the engine chokes on the number of things flying around.

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz
RAM 8GB Ram
GPU nVidia 560 Ti 2GB
OS Drive: Velociraptor
Game drive: 2 500GBs RAID0
Internet: Fiber - 40 down / 4 up StateTel/inoc

Honestly, I think it's the HUD/UI and I am tired of it. It's always been known that it's a turd. Opening windows like the Doff window has always dropped frame rates to single digits even prior to S9. Also, I am tired of clicking powers 3 or 4 times to get them to activate. It is time Cryptic, fix it, make it better, do something.
1hr of work @NYS Min Wage 7.25 = 725 Zen
725 x 102 (or current exchange rate) DL = 73950 DL <- can you earn that per hour in game?

Last edited by phantomeight; 05-02-2014 at 06:23 PM.
Career Officer
# 124
05-02-2014, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomeight View Post
Perhaps this has already been shared:

If any of you run dual monitors... Open task manager and MSI Afterburner or a similar GPU monitor on the second monitor so you can watch the graphs. Go into the Undine BZ, kill all three planet killers, and engage the Voth.

You will find like we all do, that with each wave, FPS drops to single digits. If you look at your task manager and your GPU monitor, you will see CPU usage and GPU usage drop during each wave. The graphs will show the troughs as you battle each wave. This is just another testimonial that it's an engine/game issue. The more stuff on screen, the worse it gets. I think the engine chokes on the number of things flying around.

CPU AMD Phenom II X4 3.0GHz
RAM 8GB Ram
GPU nVidia 560 Ti 2GB
OS Drive: Velociraptor
Game drive: 2 500GBs RAID0
Internet: Fiber - 40 down / 4 up StateTel/inoc

Honestly, I think it's the HUD/UI and I am tired of it. It's always been known that it's a turd. Opening windows like the Doff window has always dropped frame rates to single digits even prior to S9. Also, I am tired of clicking powers 3 or 4 times to get them to activate. It is time Cryptic, fix it, make it better, do something.

iirc the HUD is CPU bound, and single threaded with the way the scripts work for it (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...6&postcount=20) and I will need to dig up the thread with my reply since it's in the archives but I do remember going from an i7-920 to my i7-3930k and the hud went from taking 5-10sec to load to instant load on all windows esp the doff list when if first came out.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.
Career Officer
# 125
05-03-2014, 12:04 AM
Ran a NWS today and still no improvements. It is almost been two weeks since the launch of season nine, it might be time to start a no zen thread. I know not everyone will get the word, but the discussion and communication from the Devs needs to start happening. I work in maintenance department and if my equipment ran this long this badly, I would be looking for a new job. I wounded if PWE has customer complaint area to get them involved? All we want is some type of recognition from someone saying they are aware and they are working on it, with some updates every couple of days.
Star Trek Online, where the developers think it is alright to play a game with a FPS rate of 10 or worse. Blame it on the players system that ran just fine before Season Nine.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Lt. Commander
# 126
05-03-2014, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3xr34p3r View Post
Sorry if I missed that, in that case ye not much can be done in your case(s) but to continually give feedback after each patch. :|
That's OK. Getting to be quite a large thread now. I'll have a read of that ui thread. One thing I realised I haven't done myself is running from an SSD. Game for anything at this stage.
Captain
# 127
05-03-2014, 04:45 AM
I have my os and sto on my m4 128gb ssd so ssd doesnt help fps sadly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 128
05-03-2014, 08:02 AM
Got a 2 day off STO, played today and... I don't know what happened... everything is running as smooth as before S9.
Lt. Commander
# 129
05-03-2014, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltcmdjamescore View Post
Got a 2 day off STO, played today and... I don't know what happened... everything is running as smooth as before S9.
An your system specs are ?

I'm asking cause I doubt your *Not* having issues, sorry, but with how many ppl this is effecting I just have to ask . lolz Unless you have a Super Beefy over the top, built with in the last 3 months PC I doubt it lolz .

Like I have said in a few posts, go get some fluidic weapons *preferably space* and test them in say the Gamma Eridon system in the Tau Dewa block, while doing the romulan daily there. With a FPS counter running like Fraps or MSI After Burner. Your notice a pretty significant drop. also run the early Fed episode missions like *The Kuvah'Magh*, Cryptic has redone alot more episodes then just the Borg episodes, and even those have FPS drops.
Lt. Commander
# 130
05-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Having exactly the same issues since S9 but only around places like ESD and the Undine Battle Zone. ESD puzzles me as the old ESD would never give me trouble. And other places I have no issues despite running the game on the same high settings (minus a few things like shadows as they eat up way too much processing power for me).

I'm using an Aspire 5920g which has a decent enough card and is known for being able to handle games well and has, easily, with STO until now. I hope they at least fix ESD as its a nightmare to ever have to visit there now.