Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
# 191
05-08-2014, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi2142 View Post

Fact: Wargaming.net recoded the core code, but not the graphics code... this was done to prevent players from accessing the Ratten by exploiting the game, yes Wargaming made Hitlers Ratten part of the game, don't ask me why, heck don't ask them cuz they'll ban you for asking... they think its still soviet russian up there in russia.


Ok Then Explain this smart arse .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWlAwC4P0rY


Apparently You Don't have all the facts ? So who's the troll now ? Think before you act, your look smarter that way. And when I say they haven't done anything to STO's engine its in regards to optimization of there engine. yes I know about DX11 you nutter lolz I have a 270X *I'm Pretty sure that's DX11 lol*.

If you have been following this thread from the beginning maybe you'd know what all I was talking about, but it seems you just like to spew out post after post, to me and several others I bet. Your the Troll .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 214
# 192
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Damn, this descended into a troll fight didn't it?

Some who know this, some who know that....get a room guys.

On topic, I'm still hopeful for a resolution. My graphics temps don't appear to have changed from what I can recall.

Something happened with S9. Whether they just overloaded part of the system or borked something completely.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 193
05-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
Damn, this descended into a troll fight didn't it?

Some who know this, some who know that....get a room guys.

On topic, I'm still hopeful for a resolution. My graphics temps don't appear to have changed from what I can recall.

Something happened with S9. Whether they just overloaded part of the system or borked something completely.
Its not about knowing or not lol, if i see the only game that makes my videocard take a not usual ammount of heat, is STO, well, then something is wrong for sure with it. You dont need to be an smart asxs.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 194
05-08-2014, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi2142 View Post
actually Windows 7 by default uses the CPU... but i'm sure you knew that already... now please, its called research, do some.
? lol? windows 7 uses the cpu for what exactly?? to run videogames?? are you high? looolz. I dont need to do research to answer that.. lol, its not worthy anyways xD. Obviously i am arquing with someone that dont have any idea at all about anything.

Last edited by edgecrysger; 05-08-2014 at 11:21 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 195
05-08-2014, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikazi2142 View Post
ah geez another troll joins the fight, bring it, i'll scuttle you with fact!



Fact: Redshirt is the test server for CODE CHANGES
Fact: Wargaming.net produced all the tools the hackers used during Beta, and still use.
Fact: Wargaming.net recoded the core code, but not the graphics code... this was done to prevent players from accessing the Ratten by exploiting the game, yes Wargaming made Hitlers Ratten part of the game, don't ask me why, heck don't ask them cuz they'll ban you for asking... they think its still soviet russian up there in russia.



Fact: If the Engine was NOT altered at all... then you wouldn't have to alter your hardware... AT ALL... think about that one for a moment.


Oh forgot to add...
Since one of you claim the engine has not been changed since it launched or whatever...
if that were true, please explain to me then, how there is now when there wasn't before, DX10 and DX11 rendering devices listed???

I thought this would have been one hell of a screaming alteration to the graphics engine, to utilize the DX10 and DX11 pipelines is quite nice... and i can understand if you don't see them and are having these "Performance" issues... i mean, hardware that cannot support DX10 or DX11 will not show you the option for anything other than DX9
I was about to quote all your comments in once, but its enough with this. Seriously, everything you wrote is pure crap lol, its everything ridiculous. You obviously dont have any idea at all.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 196
05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureleus View Post
they need to Stop releasing new content and start Fixing problems that They created.
You cant imagine how happy i am to see at least another person who thinks in a reasonable way. I wish the other members of these forums will think this way, and the rest of the players. But i think its too late now, unfortunately. I said this tons of times in the past, but people seem to not care at all. They only want new content, so, that is what cryptic is doing, since ages ago.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 141
# 197
05-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussprometheus79 View Post
Damn, this descended into a troll fight didn't it?

Some who know this, some who know that....get a room guys.

On topic, I'm still hopeful for a resolution. My graphics temps don't appear to have changed from what I can recall.

Something happened with S9. Whether they just overloaded part of the system or borked something completely.
lolz I'm not Trying to be a *Troll*, just proving a point/fact, I also wont keep going on and on and on with a troll. it just ultimately derails the topic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
You cant imagine how happy i am to see at least another person who thinks in a reasonable way. I wish the other members of these forums will think this way, and the rest of the players. But i think its too late now, unfortunately. I said this tons of times in the past, but people seem to not care at all. They only want new content, so, that is what cryptic is doing, since ages ago.
I agree with that statement, I think that Cryptic only cares about there profits based on there newly released content. Otherwise we'd be seeing more major fixes then what we are getting atm. It's actually quite ridiculous that they let there game stay this buggy, I mean seriously some of these issues have been around since the game released :O, an some from even beta.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 498
# 198
05-08-2014, 02:03 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting, but since Season 9 hit, I've been having random crashes with STO. It could very well be that my computer just isn't able to handle STO anymore.

I'm beginning to think that they did indeed tweak the graphics to force people to start upgrading. All I know is that I've been getting my client randomly flashing black and saying not responding. Slow loading too in many places.
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 199
05-08-2014, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
Not sure if this is the right place for me to be posting, but since Season 9 hit, I've been having random crashes with STO. It could very well be that my computer just isn't able to handle STO anymore.

I'm beginning to think that they did indeed tweak the graphics to force people to start upgrading. All I know is that I've been getting my client randomly flashing black and saying not responding. Slow loading too in many places.
It could be the very same sympton my videocard is suffering, an overheat excess, you should chekc your videocard temp. Anyways, in my case is not dangerous, but if your videocard is in the limit of 85-100c, that could be the problem.

About upgrading, lol, i dont think so. In any case THEY should upgrade the game engine. I dont think people will upgrade their computer to play a game 4 years old. Its stupid. If i can play any videogame released until 2 months ago, why the hell i am not going to be able to play STO in proper conditions?? lol, its ridiculous. They just messed up the game engine, thats all. In every patch they do, they break something, this time was , they touched the game engine for unkown reason, probably to allow players to play missoins like the undine battlezon without problems (but we all know thats not true, since the undine playable battlezone is unplayable anyways lol ) and they just broke it. As they break something every time a new patch comes. The worst thing is, we talking about cryptic, that means, its probably that they will never do anything about it.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 498
# 200
05-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
It could be the very same sympton my videocard is suffering, an overheat excess, you should chekc your videocard temp. Anyways, in my case is not dangerous, but if your videocard is in the limit of 85-100c, that could be the problem.

About upgrading, lol, i dont think so. In any case THEY should upgrade the game engine. I dont think people will upgrade their computer to play a game 4 years old. Its stupid. If i can play any videogame released until 2 months ago, why the hell i am not going to be able to play STO in proper conditions?? lol, its ridiculous. They just messed up the game engine, thats all. In every patch they do, they break something, this time was , they touched the game engine for unkown reason, probably to allow players to play missoins like the undine battlezon without problems (but we all know thats not true, since the undine playable battlezone is unplayable anyways lol ) and they just broke it. As they break something every time a new patch comes. The worst thing is, we talking about cryptic, that means, its probably that they will never do anything about it.
How do I check how hot my video card is getting?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:20 AM.