Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Captain
# 231
05-14-2014, 08:41 PM
They have just been piling it on assuming that their old 32bit engine is going to handle it and it's just not up to the task. I have yet to see what is so great about these updated graphics? They don't look any better, the only difference that I can see is noticably poorer performance in areas where I've never had a problem before.
Any settings that I change in graphics makes very little difference in frame rate but if I turn off the hud my frame rate doubles instantly, this leads me to suspect that one of the culprits is in how that is being processed.
Not even a mention in Known issues is not very reassuring. I for one have no intention of sinking three grand in a high end game computer just to be able to play this game when it works fine for many other titles, especially when players who have such systems are among those having problems with whatever the hell they've done to this game.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........
Career Officer
# 232
05-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Yet another week with no acknowledgement from Cryptic. These guys no how to throw players away from there game. Let's first make it unplayable then not answer players when they ask legitimate questions.

Here are some quick tips on how to keep your player base happy.

Acknowledge bugs
Fix bugs
Communicate with player base( it is alright to have bugs, most players understand they happen, it to ignore the players is inexcusable. I would be happy with a post that said this.)

We are aware of the graphic issues some players are having. We currently have a team dedicated to fixing such issues. Then list a dev that is in charge of the team that is troubleshooting the problem. That way the player base can look for post from that dev.

What in the hell is the dev tracker for if the Devs don't post in it what they are working on.
Ryche of Hammer Squadron
Lieutenant
# 233 No graphics issues on my end
05-15-2014, 02:00 AM
Just a plain jane Core i7 4770k CPU with 8 Measily gigs of DDR3 RAM (2133 speed) and a GeForce 750ti and I have all the graphics options set all the way high even with VSync enabled. No problems on my end, I get average of 50 frames per second and sometimes it will drop to oh.... 43.

The only thing I do before launching STO is to make sure my graphics card power setting is set to maximum performance instead of balanced.

Greywolf Taskforce - Officer of the Fleet
Career Officer
# 234
05-15-2014, 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
They have just been piling it on assuming that their old 32bit engine is going to handle it and it's just not up to the task. I have yet to see what is so great about these updated graphics? They don't look any better, the only difference that I can see is noticably poorer performance in areas where I've never had a problem before.
Any settings that I change in graphics makes very little difference in frame rate but if I turn off the hud my frame rate doubles instantly, this leads me to suspect that one of the culprits is in how that is being processed.
Not even a mention in Known issues is not very reassuring. I for one have no intention of sinking three grand in a high end game computer just to be able to play this game when it works fine for many other titles, especially when players who have such systems are among those having problems with whatever the hell they've done to this game.

Considering by now every gamer and their monkey's uncle is on a 64bit OS (unless its a custom application), I fail to see why dev's are still using 32bit engines when games like star citizen are dropping it in favor of the the double-point precision with 64bit to get more out of their game.

FFS, we had/have Frostbite 2, Nitrous, REDengine3 and now Cryengine moving/moved to 64bit, I have not seen any info on the others in that area as of yet only new ways to simplify game dev work and render tech.

Boggles the mind at times it does.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.

Last edited by th3xr34p3r; 05-15-2014 at 02:23 AM.
Career Officer
# 235
05-15-2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simeion1 View Post
Yet another week with no acknowledgement from Cryptic. These guys no how to throw players away from there game. Let's first make it unplayable then not answer players when they ask legitimate questions.

Here are some quick tips on how to keep your player base happy.

Acknowledge bugs
Fix bugs
Communicate with player base( it is alright to have bugs, most players understand they happen, it to ignore the players is inexcusable. I would be happy with a post that said this.)

We are aware of the graphic issues some players are having. We currently have a team dedicated to fixing such issues. Then list a dev that is in charge of the team that is troubleshooting the problem. That way the player base can look for post from that dev.

What in the hell is the dev tracker for if the Devs don't post in it what they are working on.
Absolutely agree!

Their refusal to even acknowledge this as an issue is insulting, since it implies that they think:
- It's not a problem
- The number of players affected is not significant enough to devote the time/resources to even begin addressing the issue
- they just don't care.

But I will say one thing - they're VERY lucky to be able to carry on like this - I know damned well that if a customer approaches me, in any way shape or form, with a concern/complaint or feedback I had better flippin well deal with it if I want to keep my job. And when I say 'deal with it' I DON'T mean send a half-arsed stock response that strongly indicates that the person who 'read' it looked at the title and hit the 'send standard reply' button.

Hear that Devs? Consider yourselves lucky; most of us DON'T have the luxury of being able to ignore our customers without consequence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 05-15-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Captain
# 236
05-15-2014, 09:37 AM
TWENTY FOUR pages on this and not a single word from Cryptic? Not even a "we are aware and investigating". Disgraceful. I haven't spent money on this game for over five months and have no plans to do so with this kind of respect for their players.
Commander
# 237
05-15-2014, 10:44 AM
And it's still borked too...
# 238
05-15-2014, 10:56 AM
I'm surprised that no one has threatened to take this matter to the Better Business Bureau. With how many players are effected by this issue, and the fact that Cryptic has yet to even achknowlage the issue makes you wonder if they really even care about there player base.

If they really care about keeping profits rolling in then they need to fix this issue, cause as it is going to the new battle zone or doing any of the new content kills our FPS.
Commander
# 239
05-15-2014, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielinwestmin View Post
Just a plain jane Core i7 4770k CPU with 8 Measily gigs of DDR3 RAM (2133 speed) and a GeForce 750ti and I have all the graphics options set all the way high even with VSync enabled. No problems on my end, I get average of 50 frames per second and sometimes it will drop to oh.... 43.

The only thing I do before launching STO is to make sure my graphics card power setting is set to maximum performance instead of balanced.
Dude, for real and that's nice to know. A lot of us have beefier rigs than you and are getting 6FPS or less.

simeion1 - what he said, the only thing I've seen is the vague twitter response I got.
Expressing an opinion can be considered trolling depending on the situation. Sometimes the people doing it, don't understand it and often get trolled themselves without understanding it. Let's all think about what we say, even if just a bit.

It's Wibble - not woobal...
Captain
# 240
05-15-2014, 07:21 PM
They have a section in the forum called "Dev Tracker" that they may as well remove, it has not been used since I can not even recall, they never post in it so it serves no other purpose but to remind us that there was better communication once upon a time long ago. Devs do not tell us what they are working on, no acknowledgment of ongoing issues and judging by what shows up in patch notes they seem to be picking and choosing problems to deal with like it's a buffet lunch while other issues just keep getting buried deeper and deeper in the muck.
If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
Oh Hell NO to ARC........One Ring to Rule Them all........