Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Career Officer
I have an AMD FX 6100 6 core 3.71 GHZ, 16 GB DDR3 RAM 1600 MHZ, 120GB SATA 3 solid state hard drive, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti running at 1080p hd, and running Windows 7 64 bit. Since S9 launched in any STF involving more than 15 ships the lag made it unplayable, the only way i have been able to solve this problem was to lower graphics to 720p and turn the video card slider all the way to low and sometimes min, when it had been running on high b4 s9 @ 1080p. Unfortunately in doing so the graphics have suffered. Please do what needs to be done to fix this problem so that the game can become graphically enjoyable again.
Ensign
# 252
05-17-2014, 01:25 AM
I really do fail to see why they needed to change the Graphic Options anyway. The one thing I loved about STO was the fact that it's options for graphics was almost completely slider based with other drop-box menu's for certain things and they've gone and changed that to pretty much full drop-box based preset options, Why? I mean. I never had issues with STO before they did this and pre-S9 I could run the game with almost every on max. I'm not struggling to play with it on medium and quite frankly? I refuse to play with everything on minimum.

I never had one issue with the graphic options before hand, So they changed something that from what I'm aware of? Worked perfectly fine and managed to botch quite a bit up. Why would they change it? I'm guessing they're trying to make it more 'casual' and 'easier to use' for the people who aren't overly tech savvy. I just wish they had given us the option to switch between "Basic" (presets) and "Advanced" (All the sliders + Options.) But. Things were somehow botched with the changes.
Captain
# 253
05-17-2014, 05:15 AM
Guys, stop posting your system specs. 95% of the people who plays STO have enough computer power to run it at mid-max settings. At least, they should. As we said millions of times, cryptic screwed up the game engine. And it doesnt matter if you have the best computer in the world.

But i am more concerned with the harm the game is doing to all our graphic cards. Some of us, like my case, are just running the game at the same fps than before (in my case around 60-70 fps) but the BIG difference is the work the graphic card is doing. When a graphic card takes excessive heat, due to the excessive work, that is really bad and we are making our graphic cards to live half of the life they should.

The problem is, a lot of people will never notice this, since they are fine because they still can play the game with a high rate of fps. And they dont even considered to check their graphic cards temperature.
So, at this rate some of us will have to replace a graphic card that, in my case is not even 2 years old. We could say cryptic is "breaking" my graphic card. In the months of june - july and august, i AM NOT GOING TO PLAY STO, since i dont want to see my graphic card to burn and i am not a rich people to buy a graphic ard every year. If cryptic is not going to fix this, at least they could say it, so a lot of people can stop playing knowing they will never be able to play STO in proper conditions again.
Ensign
# 254 ?
05-17-2014, 10:28 AM
should I be concerned how come after the season 9 update all my grapics went to the lowest it can go and I cant seem to turn them back to normal? Its really annoying is anyone having the same issue?
Lieutenant
# 255
05-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Cryptic, fix the damn thing.... please. Or at least say SOMETHING.
Captain
# 256
05-18-2014, 03:31 AM
Well, I can't claim that "EVERYTHING IS ON MAX", quite the contrary. I run the game at low-mid settings and everything worked fine for years. With S9, I'm back to 5-10 minute loading screens in social hubs and just now have joined an KASE STF which was unplayable because two people were spamming A2B FAW beams, framerate went down to 2 fps or something, had to ALT+F4 out of the game because I couldn't even reach the menus.

It's not only the high-end that does have issues, the low end which could make the game work very well faces problems that were solved two years ago at least.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Career Officer
# 257
05-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Still no word from the Devs I see.....

A video game with video problems.... Ironic isn't it.
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
....but I'm all better now....
Thanks CrypticFrost, CrypticCliff & everyone else involved!
Captain
# 258
05-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophere View Post
Still no word from the Devs I see.....

A video game with video problems.... Ironic isn't it.
I guess we will need to wait until definitely things get worst and NOBODY can play lol. So the devs will have no option but to tell us something honestly this is ridiculous.
Career Officer
# 259
05-18-2014, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgecrysger View Post
I guess we will need to wait until definitely things get worst and NOBODY can play lol. So the devs will have no option but to tell us something honestly this is ridiculous.
Until it affects the revenue stream, this will continue to be lower priority. The game is still playable.... parts of it that is.

Doffing, ground, single player missions.... who needs massive multiplayer space battles in an MMO anyways....
I used to have f/x, till my video card took a S9 to the knee...
....but I'm all better now....
Thanks CrypticFrost, CrypticCliff & everyone else involved!
Career Officer
# 260
05-19-2014, 01:10 AM
Since my win7 partition decided to crap itself, I'm in the process of doing a clean install to 8.1 (doubt there will be much if any performance difference between the two for sto but was due to make the swap to it eventually) will let you know my results once I have everything back up and running.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.