Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Graphical and Sound Issues
Login

Survivor of Remus
# 391
06-27-2014, 01:57 AM
Im not sure if i already said this or not, but i have Asus Maximus V Extreme, Intel I7 3770K CPU, 32GB Ram @2100Mhz, 2 EVGA GTX 760 FTW Edition @ 4GB Video Ram each running in SLi mode, all running off a Seasonic X-Series 1250W PSU - 80Plus Gold Power Supply Unit.
And there are areas that it seems to struggle, i more notice it on ESD looking in certain directions or turning around. Areas like Weapons req's near outfit tailor, or near transporter pad looking down toward ship req's.

I saw someone posting about worried about overheating their machine. I use the EVGA gpu monitor program, it just give what temps your gpu runs at and how fast the fans are running. I havent seen my gpu's go above 60 degrees celsius for the main card, the 2nd card hasnt gotten above above about 50 i think.
CPU, seems to run at about 55 to 60 degrees ingame, outside the game, on desktop, cpu runs at about 40 and gpu's run at about 40 for main and 34 for secondary card.

Not sure if any of this helps the devs in finding a solution for why the game struggles in some areas or not, but, its all info they can take into consideration i guess
Ensign
# 392
06-28-2014, 07:25 AM
Noticing da same ding on Earth dock with da lag
Have devs replied as to why dis is happening?

Last edited by janeway58; 06-28-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Ensign
# 393
06-28-2014, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpolebreaker View Post

This all happened when the graphics device was set to Auto. Tested forcing it to DX11, same thing, so I assume Auto was using DX11. Forced it to DX9e and the issue seemed to go away. ** update, happens in all DX modes, just the impact seems less in dx9.

Note that previously I had been using the client in DX11 for many months without any issues at all, and in fact performance was slightly better than DX9 mode.
Ah- strange. And I need to know: how do I force Directx 9 mode (I'm in dx11 now)? I can't find the instructions anywhere and I don't have a troubleshooting tab in options in-game?
Survivor of Remus
# 394
06-28-2014, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zalak1 View Post
Ah- strange. And I need to know: how do I force Directx 9 mode (I'm in dx11 now)? I can't find the instructions anywhere and I don't have a troubleshooting tab in options in-game?

Im not sure if i have missed a post, so, i can only offer you a "possible" solution

Should be able to go to Options, then Display, and change it to DX 9 there. You will have to exit the game tho for the changes to take effect.

Im not sure if this will work if you are still having issues trying to change to DX 9, but,
Open launcher, click on Options on top of launcher, then check the box that says " Safe Mode". I think, from memory(been a while since i had to do this), it resets all your graphics to defaults.
Continue to load the game, then change your graphics as to how you want them set. Close the game and restart it normally.

Hope this helps
Captain
# 395
07-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Has this been fixed since s9.5 came out? I'm not able to test myself as no net atm
Career Officer
# 396
07-18-2014, 09:35 AM
only place that I have problems in is Indine space BZ...I'm running a gtx 680/21 Gigs ram/i-7 quad have played with every possible combination of settings I can think of...definatly on their end not ours. note...rest of the game runs great!
Captain
# 397
07-19-2014, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Has this been fixed since s9.5 came out? I'm not able to test myself as no net atm
No, it's not been fixed I'm afraid. Still graphics and major FPS problems around. Everything that is coming out at the moment will have been scheduled for donkeys. You just have to hope that they will be able to take a look at this at some point in the future.
Lt. Commander
# 398
07-20-2014, 05:42 AM
I'm still waiting for a fix for this + the issue of not having the ability to see my own ship fire/get hit. Unplayable for me.
Captain
# 399
07-20-2014, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inmydot View Post
I'm still waiting for a fix for this + the issue of not having the ability to see my own ship fire/get hit. Unplayable for me.
Then, my friend im afraid you are going to wait.. for eternity... i will give you and advise: people give a fxxx about this terrible bug, so im afraid cryptic will never fix it. People keep asking for new content, but they dont give a fxxx about this. People keep buying lfts, and monthly subs, and spending a lot of zen in the c-store, but they dont give a fuxxxx about this. So, as yo will understand, cryptic will never do anything about it. Its sad, i know, but it is what it is. Get used to it. Its and advise. Of course, if this is not fixed in the next few months, i will defniitely stop playing STO, because i am a normal-reasonable person, but it is my case. I dunno if the rest of people who plays STO is reasonable enough to do that. Sometime si think they are just aliens lol.
Ensign
# 400
07-22-2014, 03:55 AM
I too am a victim of this...

i7860 Quad ..... HD 6870....... 16g of ram.. blah blah blah...

Always run on highest settings but lag in ESD and STF slideshows started to drive me insane and I was ready to pull the plug on STO until further notice!

ESD, going to visit the good ole Admiral or the exchange was just like watching claymation on slow mo..

I started going through the sliders one tick a ta time until it started to lag again and I found the culprit for me!

I can still run all sliders on High... MSAA is 4x and my lag is gone.. all I had to do was go under graphics tab and change lighting quality and shadows to Low... game looks horrid like this to me but no more lag...

These settings are screwed at least for my system.. please please please fix your coding so I may enjoy shadowing and lighting quality once again

At least I can go to the exchange or ops and have smooth gameplay though... only tried Starbase 24 as a test and my beams were showing again and the slideshow was gone... but I missed the bulk of the battle so not too sure on that one yet...

Hope this helps someone...