02-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash_the_Stampede
ROFLCOPTER U PWNZOR

OMGWTFBBQ U R 1337

All yer base belong to us.

Thanks had to be done.

Thats english at its finest and found in every MMO

I can deal with a few spelling mistakes after seeing this alot.
Oh no it's the dreaded 'alot'
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-08-2010, 06:01 PM
Truly, in most situations, I'll let every grammar issue pass except one: Using "lol" as punctuation (i.e. "How are you guys lol"). That always throws me for a loop because I get a mental picutre of them literally laughing out loud after every sentence.

"Hi, how are you guys, HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!! I'm good AHAHAHAHAHA!"

Just freaks me out.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-08-2010, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcr View Post
Truly, in most situations, I'll let every grammar issue pass except one: Using "lol" as punctuation (i.e. "How are you guys lol"). That always throws me for a loop because I get a mental picutre of them literally laughing out loud after every sentence.

Just freaks me out.
lol

/ten characters
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlcr View Post

Just freaks me out.
Maybe they're like your avatar and are the Joker
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-09-2010, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaedas View Post
Canon.

Seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOfWoe View Post
"Your/You're"

I see MAYBE 1/5 forum posters get it right at least once.
"Rogue" and "Rouge".

Although, it is quite easy to make fun of such a person who chooses a screen name such as, "The Deadly Rouge". :p
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-09-2010, 01:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neatherworldians View Post
You Americans use a different English then us Canadians.
This is of course another issue, as English is now just a term rather than an exact language, even us english don't use genuine english much anymore, because its old an rubbish booyah.

The colour of the armour etc.... it's right where I'm from.

Good english and grammer is a good thing. Just don't be a d*** about it to those who are't completely right about it.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-09-2010, 01:56 AM
if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-09-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah I read about that study, 55 out of 100 people can read a word perfectly fine if the first and last letter are in the right place and any jumble of the correct letters are between them.

ie to more than half of us the company **** can go stick it
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-09-2010, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sytek
if yuo can raed tihs, you hvae a sgtrane mnid, too.
Can you raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
i understood every word of this with no problems, but then i am in the minority that can read backwards and/or upside down with little problem or slow down so it isn't too surprising.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-09-2010, 08:01 AM
My pet peeve on forum spelling: the use "then" when one should be using "than"... *shudders with rage*

The number of times I read "this is more then enough" when it should be rightly "this is more than enough", makes me foam with rabid linguistic indignation and call down imperications upon the offender.

/goose-steps off waving arms like Benito Mussolini