Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothnang
Klingons are stupidly overpowered. People who think that Klingons just know how to play the game better in every way are just stupid.
As are federation players who refuse to take advice and get better at the game... I see some federation groups having little trouble with klingon pugs...and splitting games v pre-mades 50-50..so it really is just YOU rothnang.

Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2010, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Klingons are stupidly overpowered. People who think that Klingons just know how to play the game better in every way are just stupid.
Stop trolling, you meanie terribad.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by faithborn
in t4 **** hits the fan in an absolutely fun, yet deranged, damage off the scales alpha strike fest
Oh yeah.. You Defiant drivers now know what its like to drive a BoP (if you never have). Eggshell with a hammer, faster than a scalded cat and able to turn like the skids are greased. Problem is they tend to blow up when given a dirty look unless you have a number of big brothers around to buff you.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
Oh yeah.. You Defiant drivers now know what its like to drive a BoP (if you never have). Eggshell with a hammer, faster than a scalded cat and able to turn like the skids are greased. Problem is they tend to blow up when given a dirty look unless you have a number of big brothers around to buff you.
I have developed an uncanny ability to immediately judge when its time to bug out... and run.. sometimes it even works..
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Yeah? Need a shoulder to cry on? Did the big, bad Klinks dent your shiny new ship? There, there little Feddie, QQ all you need to.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmerJr View Post
funnest thing about a defiant class ship is that with an EPS regulator it takes 2 seconds to get from 40ish engine power to over 100, Don't need the battery anymore (huzzah!)
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2010, 01:32 AM
My advice to the OP is not to even bother PvPing in tier 1. You won't have the skills to counter the cloaking BS, you likely won't have anything to counter the harcore PvP specs the Klingons will run with and with the general "Noob Federation factor" you are little more then a clay target for Klingons who can cloak unfettered, geared, specced and skilled for PvP and little but. And that is if you even get a fair match up and not the 10 vs 2 insanity you will get most of the time.

Thankfully things do get better as you move on up the food chain so read up on useful PvP skills and invest some proper time in it when you get your T2 ship (and have it kitted up properly). Oh and don't even try looking for sympathy in this forum. The Klingon flaming is ample and unchecked.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-08-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
we are only OP when we out number the Feds or the Feds play as lone-wolves and strike out on thier own.
I totally agree, I was PVPing against klimgons and I was in an awful team, everytime itried to get close to one of my team mates they went full impulse into the enemy and didn't drop out until their phasers started firing, whining afterwards in local chat about how unfair it was. It's all down to experience and common sense really
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-08-2010, 03:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIMystIII View Post
My advice to the OP is not to even bother PvPing in tier 1. You won't have the skills to counter the cloaking BS, you likely won't have anything to counter the harcore PvP specs the Klingons will run with and with the general "Noob Federation factor" you are little more then a clay target for Klingons who can cloak unfettered, geared, specced and skilled for PvP and little but. And that is if you even get a fair match up and not the 10 vs 2 insanity you will get most of the time.

Thankfully things do get better as you move on up the food chain so read up on useful PvP skills and invest some proper time in it when you get your T2 ship (and have it kitted up properly). Oh and don't even try looking for sympathy in this forum. The Klingon flaming is ample and unchecked.
To prove your point ...yes we Klingon faction players will not coddle your federation sheep ...we'll simply keeping slaughtering them...
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-08-2010, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugh View Post
As are federation players who refuse to take advice and get better at the game...
This is exactly the kind of idiotic attitude that make me doubt people intelligence. When one faction dominates in a contest you just assume that litterally hundreds if not thousands of players collectively just suck at the game.

And besides, even if the federation won half the time, or acctually had the advantage, the design of Klingons as and invisible gankforce still makes PvP in this game boring as hell.

Federation PvP: Get in the pile and wait to be screwed. Sounds pretty fruity to me.