Lt. Commander
# 1 UI issues that need addressing
02-07-2010, 04:44 AM
It seems that virtually every aspect of the UI is just kind of thrown together at random with no ability to sort or filter ANYTHING.

First all, PVP queues. There should be an option to filter out specific games, so you can just queue for game-types from a short list instead of going through a gigantic list of each individual game looking for game types to queue for "next available". You should also be able to filter other aspects such as whether its ground or space, and whether its KvK or FvK. This way you can cater it to your playstyle for much more convenience. 5 little checkboxes at the top that read All Games, FvK, KvK, Space, and Ground. And check/uncheck as desired to filter the list down.

Second, the Exchange. This has already been talked about multiple times but you really need better sorting and filtering options here. By price for example. I won't go into detail here as it's mentioned in other places.

Third, your captain's skill window. What is going on there? I have perfect framerates at all times in the game, every mission (and i'm an admiral now) i've never had a problem. But every time I open the Skills window for my captain, my computer acts like it is dying. The game lags to a crawl. Whatever is causing this needs desperate fixing. Also listing skills in a more logical manner would be nice. For example all deflector skills in one row, all sensor skills in one row, all emitter skills in one row, rather than having them just kind of haphazardly lobbed into columns at random for their respective tier. Fixing that alone might help alleviate some people's confusion over those skills and what they do.

4th, bridge officer skills trainer needs to sort skills by officer career as well as seperate space and ground powers. Going through this long, disorganized list looking for specific powers is irritating and for new players it's also a little overwhelming because they don't realize things like only 4 abilities in that entire huge disorganized list are their only options for a given officer at a given rank. This needs fixing.

5th, there needs to be a way to FORCE the stupid context windows and interaction windows back open. There have been many times where I closed a window (usually to loot an item before warping/beaming to the next area) and then I was no longer able to progress. I no longer had the option to beam over or warp or anything, even moving out of range of the ship/base/whatever and then back into range again still didn't cause the window to open again. In such cases, I had to leave the entire system, then use the Continue option from sector space to actually progress to the next area.

6th, there needs to be a way to make quest and officer dialog appear in a minimized form instead of just popping up in your face and blocking your screen. This happens a lot. Would also be nice to have the option to minimize these screens once opened instead of outright closing them.

7th, badge tracking. There is no way to determine how many badges we have unless we're actually standing at a vendor that takes them. This definitely needs changing. Somewhere it should say exactly how many exploration badges of each type we have as well as pvp badges of each type without actually needing to be at a vendor.

8th, the ability to set name colors would be great. Seeing orange klingon allies and yellow federation enemies is kinda meh. Although distinguishable most of the time, it's not really an "at a glance" kind of thing. Ideally we should be able to set our own color scheme, like dark blue for same faction, light blue for same team, green for fleet mates, red for enemies, etc. Or at the very least, make it so klingons dont see each other as orange and feds as yellow.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Quote:
7th, badge tracking. There is no way to determine how many badges we have unless we're actually standing at a vendor that takes them. This definitely needs changing. Somewhere it should say exactly how many exploration badges of each type we have as well as pvp badges of each type without actually needing to be at a vendor.
You can actually view your badges. They're on your captain's status page under the progress tab. Somewhat obscure, but it's there.

I can certainly agree with the rest.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruin9
You can actually view your badges. They're on your captain's status page under the progress tab. Somewhat obscure, but it's there.

I can certainly agree with the rest.
=o

Well thanks, i'll be sure to check that out next time i'm in game. That's actually the first time someone told me something about the game I didn't already know XD usually i'm the one sitting around answering questions for people.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 09:30 PM
This UI sucks, bad.

I got to Captain and my officer bar is going off of the screen. I have to either shrink my UI ratio, or move my officer bar ontop of my other dual-bar.

This is a horrible set up. If I could get rid of some UI boxes (like the one that has all my weapons and the 3 firing modes "fire all weapons" etc etc" - get rid of that.

I need ROOM