Lt. Commander
# 1 Cage of Fire
02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Right i attacked Cerin Teresa, and then nothing. No coms, no mission complete, no back up. Nothing. Im stuck and i would like to know if any one else have completed this mission, and if so how did you do it ?

nervermind. I just killed her to quick and it bugged the mission
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2010, 07:25 AM
I have problems with my away team not following me on this mission, anyone else having this issue?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalief
I have problems with my away team not following me on this mission, anyone else having this issue?
I had the same problem with my away team as well. I had to use rally points non stop to get my team through the level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jounar View Post
I had the same problem with my away team as well. I had to use rally points non stop to get my team through the level.
This. The away team behavior on this map was the worst I've seen in the game. It seemed to be caused by the bridges.

As to the OP question, NPCs can bug like that if you manage to kill them to quickly. I've had that happen before, but it's fairly rare.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Yeh I had the problem with the Boffs too. Me and my friend managed to do it duo, I collected my reward from starfleet whilst still on the ground with no problem. My partner beamed up and then tried and didn't get a completion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2010, 07:22 AM
I can't even get the waypoints to work properly. The bridge officers will go to a certain point then turn intangible and won't move.

I am having to do this...

1) Try to pull mobs to them so that the bridge officers get shot and will move again; and
2) Try to snipe mobs one at a time to work my way through the caves.

Right now I'm focusing on #2 because my bridge officers won't go past a certain point (the second portal). I'm soloing everything right now. 8P

Wasn't there a / command for summoning the away team if they were bugged? I tried searching for it but I can't find it.

EDIT: Found the command... It's /fillpetteamlist

Unfortunately that doesn't help me. My team is still all strung out in the cave.

2nd edit:

I've had to drop the mission and get it back from the contact. I'll have to wait until I get a team together. Trying to do it all by myself is no fun.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2010, 07:43 AM
Ran it twice yesterday. Had the BO issue (used the non-stop rally points to move them) as for the "boss" battle, there seems to be a problem that you can kill her too quickly the first time you engage her.

If you expose her, then (as in my groups case) do two (or more) critical hits on an exploit, we dropped her to 0 hit points. problem is, that blows the whole encounter. All you can do is beam out, come back in, and do no exploit attacks. kill her slwly, as it were. Things proceed normally at that point.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-11-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm on the same boat, with an extra twist.

Not only did my officers not properly follow me across the walkways, but also early in the mission 2 of them decided to examine the fire pits in more detail.
Long story short, they lay unconcious for about 3/4 of the mission down in one of these pits, without any chance of being revived.
I proceeded with 2 companions, only to have one of them (my medic) drop down into a pit as well.

Though it was painful, I managed to complete the mission with my 1 remaining officer in tow.... only to see that the mission didn't complete itself properly.
I downed the boss with all its add-waves, the "Mission Complete" box appears, I hit it... and back in sector space, all I can do is "Continue: Burn".
Now, if I do continue, I beam back to a completed mission area which still has the turrets standing around from my two pitdiving engineers and, you guessed it, the "Mission Complete" box as soon as I once again run to the last cave.

I dropped the mission and will try to re-do it soon... I just hope now that it's last bug also ceased: because after all of this I continuously had the "Fire Cave fx" audio effect repeating itself endlessly in both space and ground missions - which is not only annoyingly loud, but also considerably slows my system.
*crosses fingers* I hope that reboot helped.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-11-2010, 02:33 PM
yeah itīs a real showstopper having your away team getting stuck every 2 meters
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
Rebooting solved the fx loop problem. I will soon attempt to do the mission again.

Oh, and a note to Cryptic: PLEASE do something about pathfinding, especially in this mission. It's already annoying enough when you sometimes have to wait for your team to cath up as they yet again spent some time looking at an arch or a rock.
But their inability to walk across those walkways on their own in this mission (Cage of Fire) is beyond ridiculous.
Plus, I really hope they don't BBQ themselves again in the fire pit.