Lt. Commander
# 21
02-16-2010, 05:09 PM
So I read up on the forums about this and took it slow. My advice, use the waypoints every 10m or so. If a BO stops moving, use their individual waypoins and it makes it faster. Go slow around corners and tight squeezes. If your BO's are geared, just put a waypoint 15m next to a mob so they all fire. I did not get the last bug, I killed the boss, got the text and departed the system.

Hope this helps.

TJS
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I just did this mission. I agree, it sucked. My BO fell into the pits early on, so I followed her, and everyone was fine on the respawn. Wouldn't want to do it again later, if it meant going through the whole cave though.

As far as pathing, I noticed that it looks like every time a BO's path takes it near the edge of one of the metal walkways, they just stop. When I used a group rally point, often all but one BO would go to their spot. I think it is because that fourth spot was close to the edge of a walkway, so I had to do it individually.

The BOs also seem to get stuck on the candle piles.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
I just tried the mission, got all the way to the second phase, then decided the leave and come back to get my lost BoFFs back. The mission would then be stuck as I was missing one of the hostages because getting the mission required the first one. Not to mention if you die and respawn ALL THE WAY to the beginning, and because of the mission restart, the fire doors would not open.

The pathing has something to do with being in the air. The mission needs to be redone as it is incomplete, I found two large gaps in the map geometry. This tells me this mission never got tested by anyone. Everything is all clean and sparkly at the low levels but at the upper levels. Ground maps are just sloppy.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-16-2010, 09:21 PM
I was uttering profanity's the entire way through this mission. I think that even when I managed to keep my Boff's with me, I was still the only one shooting for most of it. I had my engineers drop turrets to help out, and at least they kept the buffs and heals coming.

For the final boss, she was going melee on me, so I dropped a force field dome to get her off me. When it went up it slung her over the rails and into the fire pit for an instant death. I got the option to turn it in without leaving the map and decided, having experienced equally frustrating missions in the past, to turn it in before leaving. It worked.

Thank God. I would've quit for the night otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 25 FINISHED IT: A Walkthough.
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
If bugged:

Drop and restart

Solo-able

First Saved Hostage Counts towards total. DO NOT QUIT or BEAM OUT!!!

Do not KILL HER.

Let the event unfold. After 4th Wave which for me was a single Gul, KILL HER!

Hurray!
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
yes badly designed when combined with buggy BOff pathing makes this a major headache.

have helped several friends get through this one and never once was it remotely fun.

plus the story line needed a lot more fleshing out cause the whole thing felt like a "wft was that all about" moment.

please cryptic fix pathing for BOffs. my engineer can jump over a 3m crate but not a 0.5m bench? or figure out how to get around a column of ridge next to a door?

yes the candle piles and getting pushed by another BOff close to a rail made pathing go gaga. had to use a lot of individual rally points. haven't tried way-points since those have never worked right that i can tell anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 10:00 AM
Absolutely worst pathing and map design ever.

1st time, my grenade boff dies in the 5th or 6th fight. I just assumed she was mowed down because my support Boffs were stuck on candles and out of range. Not the case. After the last mob dropped, i turn around to revive her and see all my other boff's doing the running man at the edge of the catwalk with my grenadier in the fire and before I can set a rally point, all my other Boff's jumped into the fire to revive her.

2nd try, tried my luck with skirting the catwalks and sticking to cavern ledges. Even worse results than piecemeal rally points.

3rd try. managed my team by rally points, indivdually, to the first hostage site and realized i had sunk 90 minutes into this fustercluck and called it an absolute waste of time and dropped the mission never to look back at it.

I think this is going to be one of those mission tasks that just require a full group or nearly full at least. I certainly don't think cryptic's going to fix it anytime soon.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-18-2010, 09:20 AM
I would like to echo many of the previous posters. The pathfinding for your Boff's is horrendous on this mission. Even using waypoints, I couldn't get my 2 Tac Boff's to follow me past the first bridge area. My science officer then got stuck in an endless loop with a phaser graphic and got stuck after freeing the 5th hostage, so I did the last fight with my engineer Boff and my toon. There is an obvious problem with the bridges on this mission. Your Boff's follow you fine for the most part on the rock, but on the bridges they constantly get stuck. I ended up walking backwards and about every 5-10 meters using waypoints til I would get near some mobs.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
worst.
mission.
ever.

....so far
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Good thing I am an Engineer - 2 support drones, quantum grenade launcher, phaser turret and medical generator certainly helped for the lack of my BOs following me...path-finding in here is even worse than on Klingon maps...