Lt. Commander
# 1 Hit LT
02-07-2010, 07:16 PM
I ust hit LT and got myself a new ship but is it normal that it takes me 5 minutes to destroy a frigate while with the original ship at the end it was taking me about 30 sec.

I took the weapons i had on the original ship and put them in the new 1 (cruiser)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
One thing that could be affecting the time it takes to kill something is that you're probably fighting harder frigates now (unless you're doing the old missions again)
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Do you mean you just hit Lieutenant Commander? I'm Lieutenant level 9 and I still have my original ship. In fact, when I go to the second floor of the shipyard on Earth Spacedock to look at the ships, it said that I must be a Lieutenant Commander to get the first level of ships. Did I read it wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vendrix View Post
I ust hit LT and got myself a new ship but is it normal that it takes me 5 minutes to destroy a frigate while with the original ship at the end it was taking me about 30 sec.
Aww... You broke your little ships...

Sorry, couldn't help it. Jonbre's pic made me think of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 08:02 PM
It could be that you're fighting harder ships. Or, it could be you're just not used to the new ship. For instance, if you've taken a cruiser as your T2 ship you may not be used to the turn rate, thus not getting your weapons on target faster. I've found that the Miranda was much easier to manuever to get all phasers off at once then the T2 cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Do you mean you just hit Lieutenant Commander? I'm Lieutenant level 9 and I still have my original ship. In fact, when I go to the second floor of the shipyard on Earth Spacedock to look at the ships, it said that I must be a Lieutenant Commander to get the first level of ships. Did I read it wrong?
That's correct.

T1 = Lieutenant (LT) (During tutorial as Ensign (ENS))
T2 = Lt. Commander (LCDR)
T3 = Commander (CDR)
T4 = Captain (CAPT)
T5 = Rear Admiral (RDML or RADM)

Quote:
Aww... You broke your little ships...

Sorry, couldn't help it. Jonbre's pic made me think of it.
LOL...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
It could be that you're fighting harder ships. Or, it could be you're just not used to the new ship. For instance, if you've taken a cruiser as your T2 ship you may not be used to the turn rate, thus not getting your weapons on target faster. I've found that the Miranda was much easier to manuever to get all phasers off at once then the T2 cruiser.
This is true. I got my new ship at Lt Cmdr and was having some trouble with some battles that I didn't before. But I was outfitting the new ship different and had a little learning curve. I'm using mines with the new ship so that is new. Plus using some different buffs and stuff.

Seems to be coming together now.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 10:20 PM
Check your power settings. Shifting power can make a huge difference. It modifies your energy weapons' DPS by about 2% for each point above/below 50 (so dropping the weapons power to 25 drops your DPS by 50%, boosting it to 100 doubles your DPS.) Shield regen is adjusted by 4% per point above/below 50 (25 power to shields = no regen, 100 power = triple the normal regen rate, etc.)

I sometimes shift power from weapons to shields between fights to quickly regen my shields. I've forgotten to shift it back to weapons a couple times and wondered why I wasn't making a dent in their shields.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 10:30 PM
also its explained in some other posts ive seen, skillpoints play a large part in the ships devs have said that a player in a lorwer tier ship but with lots of sp in that ship will be better than a brand new ship