Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
*crys*

I'm a casual player now too...!!!!! *crys*

After having a kid (now almost three years old), my time for gaming has become very slim. Basically, I can play when she is sleeping, usually in part to the violence, but also it's important to spend time with my daughter. I used to be pretty hardcore in gaming and mostly on consoles.

I miss the hardcore gamer life, but enjoy the life of a husband/parent a lot more.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telekill View Post
*crys*

I'm a casual player now too...!!!!! *crys*

After having a kid (now almost three years old), my time for gaming has become very slim. Basically, I can play when she is sleeping, usually in part to the violence, but also it's important to spend time with my daughter. I used to be pretty hardcore in gaming and mostly on consoles.

I miss the hardcore gamer life, but enjoy the life of a husband/parent a lot more.
lol YEP life moves on , I just had my second , now have 4 year old and newborn , I hope I can still be a casual player ! lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
It breaks down like this IMHO ,, if your a hardcore player then this game sux , if your casual gamer , the ST brand will make you hang around for a bit till they fix some of the problems , I feel bad for all my hardcore brothers , I had to give up that life as personal things got in the way, I remember the days of playing SWG all day trying to un-lock Jedi , but we have to face the facts the way of the future for MMO"S is, easy, care-bear, casual MMO's the company's want to make the most money and that's the winning combination .

As a casually guy now STO keeps me entertained to a point , but I get easily bored after a couple of hours, so I can understand were everyone is coming form on this forum ,has a serious MMO this game is 5/10 , has casual "Look at my flying a federation star ship" game 7.5/10 with potential , if you can follow my thinking

sorry for spelling grammar , written on crack-berry :p

Your talking about grinding, if you like it then cool for you, but most players do not enjoy grinding for pixals.

You are in the minority, most of us just want to have fun and be social. I see more and more poeple talking in chat, and the grouping has got better. This game is so much fun, try relaxing a bit, k?
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 07:57 AM
Heck for me the biggest improvement they could make on the game right now is to add more servers to their cluster so that they can actually handle the player load they are getting. So many problems are being caused right now, just by the poor load management and capacity. I almost feel like they weren't paying attention to the load balancing issues we were having and testing in Beta.

I'm a bit disappointed here as this is the same issue they had with the Champions launch, so hindsight should of been to expect that and more due to the popularity of the Star Trek Franchise when it came to server capacity.

Love the game so far, just wish it would run smoother instead of the dreaded, Server Not Responding issue.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Well Put
02-08-2010, 08:01 AM
Very well put! I am a casula gamer and this iss keepingme entertained. Last night I reached Lt. Commander and I am happy with the way things are going for me.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
Champions Online is a great casual game too, and after less than 6 months, it is definitely a huge success with more and more players and amazing addons and patches. STO will be even better.
I like you - I feel good after reading that.

Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
It breaks down like this IMHO ,, if your a hardcore player then this game sux , if your casual gamer , the ST brand will make you hang around for a bit till they fix some of the problems , I feel bad for all my hardcore brothers , I had to give up that life as personal things got in the way, I remember the days of playing SWG all day trying to un-lock Jedi , but we have to face the facts the way of the future for MMO"S is, easy, care-bear, casual MMO's the company's want to make the most money and that's the winning combination .

As a casually guy now STO keeps me entertained to a point , but I get easily bored after a couple of hours, so I can understand were everyone is coming form on this forum ,has a serious MMO this game is 5/10 , has casual "Look at my flying a federation star ship" game 7.5/10 with potential , if you can follow my thinking

sorry for spelling grammar , written on crack-berry :p
I hate agreeing with anyone under any circumstances, but I have to admit you're not wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 08:11 AM
I like it, although playing through episodes and such, I'm a captain already... So it's a little too quick to rank up, but I like the ships .

I personally like the game though, when I hit Admiral, Klingon time!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 08:15 AM
In the end it will be like Ultima Online... Hardcore RPs and serious gamers are playing on Emulators, while casual players will jump directly to the next "cool" and "nicest" MMORPG.... what will be exactly build for the masses...easy to start, easy to master^^
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leemanfor View Post
Agree fully...if I was to play this like I played SWG back in Pre-CU or WoW i'd of instantly uninstalled...now that I dont have the time for that anymore I like this game...I can log on...do a couple mission...log off and enjoy myself. TBH I like it better...I hated having to be on at a certain time etc
/Agreed. I was like that in WoW. It got so bad at one point that I was spending 12 hours a day and getting little sleep just to make pots for raids. Then no break and into a sometimes 2 day raid.

I like the casualness of STO but it does lack substance. It needs fleshing out but I have faith it will get better.