Lt. Commander
# 21 Enjoying the game
02-08-2010, 08:21 AM
I for one like the game, and the direction it will go. I am no longer a "hardcore gamer." Days of comming hjome from work and playing all ends of the night are gone for me. Now. being happily married, kid on the way, and work, I am totally content on playing alittle each day, or when more time comes.

Plus, the advantage in this game, I don't have to fly 1/2 across the map to engage in some action. As opposed to WoW, or Eve. It makes me feel as if I accompished something in my short time on.

But then thats just my 2 lincolns.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalwulff View Post
Your talking about grinding, if you like it then cool for you, but most players do not enjoy grinding for pixals.

You are in the minority, most of us just want to have fun and be social. I see more and more people talking in chat, and the grouping has got better. This game is so much fun, try relaxing a bit, k?
Did u read my post ? I agree I am having funny to , was just pointing out that as a searios MMO this game leaves a lot to be desired , but for "casually players " its good and could be great one day.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durgan37 View Post
I for one like the game, and the direction it will go. I am no longer a "hardcore gamer." Days of comming hjome from work and playing all ends of the night are gone for me. Now. being happily married, kid on the way, and work, I am totally content on playing alittle each day, or when more time comes.

Plus, the advantage in this game, I don't have to fly 1/2 across the map to engage in some action. As opposed to WoW, or Eve. It makes me feel as if I accompished something in my short time on.

But then thats just my 2 lincolns.
Agreed..........
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-09-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seliak View Post
It breaks down like this IMHO ,, if your a hardcore player then this game sux , if your casual gamer , the ST brand will make you hang around for a bit till they fix some of the problems , I feel bad for all my hardcore brothers , I had to give up that life as personal things got in the way, I remember the days of playing SWG all day trying to un-lock Jedi , but we have to face the facts the way of the future for MMO"S is, easy, care-bear, casual MMO's the company's want to make the most money and that's the winning combination .

As a casually guy now STO keeps me entertained to a point , but I get easily bored after a couple of hours, so I can understand were everyone is coming form on this forum ,has a serious MMO this game is 5/10 , has casual "Look at me flying a federation star ship" game 7.5/10 with potential , if you can follow my thinking

sorry for spelling grammar , written on crack-berry :p
I play casually and this kinda mirrors my opinion.

I have 3 hours to play tonight, but after 1 hour i have logged-off.

I love the game, i enjoy playing, but i just don't fel the need (read: addiction) to play for extended periods of time. I don't get bored as such, I just have other things i'd rather do

I also played SWG from beta and was one of those running around for 10+ hours a day looking for ways to unlock Jedi, then chilling out for a few hours in a cantina.

I think people like you and I are just getting old
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2010, 09:31 AM
I still feel this way , how about you guys?