Lt. Commander
# 1 Game Server Connection Failed
02-07-2010, 07:44 PM
every time i try to log in now, i get booted out. i get to the character select screen, choose my toon, then it boots me saying the game server connection failed
Lt. Commander
# 2 Ditto for me
02-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I was playing fine, then, when it normally logs me out between missions and systems, I tried logging on to get the same error. It loadss the character selection screen, attempts to connect, then bombs. Whats the deal?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 07:48 PM
This is a known issue. You get the "Server not responding" followed by "Game server connection failed". It is tied to your character, so while you can log in with another character, you cannot log in with the character that got the error message. Give it 10 minutes to reset itself and you will be able to log in again.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
getting same issue. Finished a ground mission in Celes sector and went to beam aboard my ship and bam, booted and after several retries keep getting the same "game account server failed" message. This is sooo getting old.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I just had this happen, again, twice in the last 20 minutes. At first I thought it was just exploration missions, but now it's doing it on main missions as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Yeah really crappy to finally get a team for "The other side" to repeatedly get the message server not responding, game server connection failed messages. That is the problem with every single mission and map being instanced once you come upon a bad server you are locked into it. Maybe cryptic can do something about it like have you respawn back outside the system instead of locking you into a bad server.